Domain name redirect

OK I might be a real dunce hereā€¦ so please bare with!

So I have my nextcloudpi instance running and have had it running for a while. Its great. I use noip and registered a sub-domain name, eg. xyz.webhop.me, set it as an A record in noip to look at my public ip. Great. It works, very happy. But of course the sub domian names from no-ip are fine but I now want to have my very own domain. At the moment shares etc show as xyz.webhop.me. I want my own, xyz.co.uk

I have bought a domain name, xyz.co.uk. I understand that I can redirect that to my sub domian at noip and bingo it will work but shares etc still show xyz.webhop.me but I want to use my xyz.co.uk. I also understand that I need a fixed ip address to make this so. Is that the only way? I guess I know what the answer will be.

basically Iā€™ve got a domain, I want to use it and I want all the shares etc to show xyz.co.uk, it just looks a bit more slick that xyz.webhop.me!

Regards all
Dj

You can set a CNAME entry for xyz.co.uk. Only if someone does a manual lookup, it will be visible that the ip is resolved via xyz.webshop.me. In the browser there will always be xyz.co.uk. Some domain providers allow you to update your entry with a dyndns-client.

2 Likes

well how about thatā€¦ many thanksā€¦ Works!!!

So pleasedā€¦ See me smile!

Dj