Docker NCP will not activate

Hi all, Iā€™m out of ideas. I tried to install the newest docker ncp and started the container. But the docker logs always comes with the following text: Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available and subsequent with: There are no commands defined in the ā€œconfig:systemā€ namespace.

After activation the WebUI shows: NextCloudPi not yet initialized, trying again in a few seconds ā€¦ it ran for more than 8 hours (during night) and still no forward to the ncp login page, rather than the nextcloud login page.

If I dispaly nc-info within the container everything looks good, except the line with the datadir (doesnā€™t exist), but data has been written to the directory specified

Iā€™m running a cubietruck with armbian buster 20.08.7 and a Raspberry PI with RPi OS (buster) August 2020 edition. Both have the same issue! :frowning:

I start the container as follows:
sudo docker run -d -p 4443:4443 -p 443:443 -p 80:80 -v /data/ncdata:/data --restart unless-stopped --name nextcloudpi ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf myip

Maybe there are some hints I need to follow, so any help or feedback is much appreciated.

cheers, Nico-CH

1 Like

Same here.

$ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 5.4.51-v7+ #1333 SMP Mon Aug 10 16:45:19 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

Any help would be appreciated.

Bug in latest nextcloudpi-armhf:v1.29.

Previous version nextcloudpi-armhf:1.24.0 installed fine.

This problem has been reported and fixed before and looks like a regression

There are no commands defined in the "config:system" namespace.
1 Like

Perhaps look at this post as workaround, solved similar issue for me.

1 Like

Thanks to @jdc7789 and @groone.
Both valuable inputs.

Solved my issue by using

Also, be sure to file any regression bugs. Iā€™ve had no trouble myself on arm64 docker build.

thanks groone, had the same issue with 1.24.0 as well

@just, cubietruck isnā€˜t 64bit, or am I wrong?

Did you make sure to delete the volume for ncdata and start completely from scratch when switching to nextcloudpi-armhf:1.24.0?

@groone, yes, i did unfortunately without success. whatelse can i do?