[Docker AIO] loops after setup

I am running docker on a debian 12 virtual machine (ESX). My (own) mydomain.com DNS is at Cloudflare. The Cloudflare proxy is OFF.

I am using a seperate nginx proxy manager (so not the buildin one), with Let’s encrypt SSL certificates. Like this:

Http => 172...245 : 11000 (Cache assets is OFF, Websockets and Block common exploits is ON)

This doesnt work. Give me bad gateway. If i change it to :9191 i do get into the setup and overview page but everything i found about this problem tells me i need to use 11000.

cloud.mydomain.com is reachable over the internet.

I have added my docker-compose file.

My problem is that after the containers start to build, it loops. I cannot go any furhter than this point. If have tried will only the basic containers ( so all the extras off) I didn’t select Nextcloud 28.

I have checked the logs via docker logs but i am not seeing anything helpful. I have to admit i am more a windows person, so i am trying but i am a newbie…

I see this problem quite a lot but i am not been able to find any working solution.

The nextcloud-aio-nextlcoud log only shows:

nc: getaddrinfo for host “nextcloud-aio-nextcloud” port 9001: Try again

If you tell me which logs you guys wanna see i will provide :slight_smile: I am more a Windows guy, so i am trying about still a linux Newbie.

docker-compose file:

services:
    nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer: 
    image: nextcloud/all-in-one:latest 
    init: true 
    restart: always 

container_name: nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer 
    volumes: 
    - nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:/mnt/docker-aio-config 
    - /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro 
    - /mnt/Nextcloud-Data:/Nextcloud-Data
    # - 94:80
      - 9191:8080
    # - 8993:8443
    environment:
      # - AIO_DISABLE_BACKUP_SECTION=false 
      - APACHE_PORT=11000 
      - APACHE_IP_BINDING=0.0.0.0 

# - BORG_RETENTION_POLICY=--keep-within=7d --keep-weekly=4 --keep-monthly=6 

# - COLLABORA_SECCOMP_DISABLED=false 
      - SKIP_DOMAIN_VALIDATION=true
      - NEXTCLOUD_DATADIR=/Nextcloud-Data 

# - NEXTCLOUD_MOUNT=/mnt/ 

- NEXTCLOUD_UPLOAD_LIMIT=100G 
      - NEXTCLOUD_MAX_TIME=3600 
      - NEXTCLOUD_MEMORY_LIMIT=2048M 

# - NEXTCLOUD_TRUSTED_CACERTS_DIR=/path/to/my/cacerts 

# - NEXTCLOUD_STARTUP_APPS=deck twofactor_totp tasks calendar contacts notes 

# - NEXTCLOUD_ADDITIONAL_APKS=imagemagick 
      #  - NEXTCLOUD_ADDITIONAL_PHP_EXTENSIONS=imagick 

- NEXTCLOUD_ENABLE_DRI_DEVICE=false 
      # - NEXTCLOUD_KEEP_DISABLED_APPS=false 
      - TALK_PORT=3478 
      # - WATCHTOWER_DOCKER_SOCKET_PATH=/var/run/docker.sock 

volumes: 
    nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer: 
    name: nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer

Hi, can you show a screenshot of what loops?

What do you mean exactly?

I am looking at the GUI overview screen with the green and orange “lights” and it shows a message that some containers are looping.

You want to see that standard screen and message?

Ah I see. Can you post the outout of sudo docker logs nextcloud-aio-nextcloud then here?

Only shows this a lot:

nc: getaddrinfo for host “nextcloud-aio-nextcloud” port 9001: Try again

Are you sure this is the log of the correct container? Can you actually execute the command and post the output here?

Here is the complete logfile. I apologize, there was more. I needed to figure out how to see the top of the big file (and how to export it to a file) :slight_smile: I removed a lot of “Waiting for database to start…” .

Blokcitaat
Enabling Imagick…
Configuring Redis as session handler…
The initial Nextcloud installation failed.
Please reset AIO properly and try again. For further clues what went wrong, check the logs above.
See GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: The official Nextcloud installation method. Provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.
Please reset AIO properly and try again. For further clues what went wrong, check the logs above.
See GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: The official Nextcloud installation method. Provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.
Waiting for database to start…

There you have it

I will try it one more time, but i have done the 13 steps twice. I found this page without knowning it was mentioned in the log. Didn’t make a difference.

But i will try it one more time.

@szaimen This doesnt solve the problem. It keeps doing the same thing.

I suppose you simply overlooked this then:

Btw, this is not really a sensible location on docker desktop. Please refer to GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: The official Nextcloud installation method. Provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.