Display ownership of file/directory

Nextcloud version: 21.0.5 with group folders addon.
Operating system and version: Debian 10
Apache version: 2.4.38 (Debian)
PHP version: 7.3.29-1~deb10u1

On many issues it was explained how to transfer ownership of files. But how to get the current ownership of files or directories ?

Even as admin i do not see any possibility to get the oewnership displayed.

But it must be documented somewhere - for example in the database.

Any hints are welcome.

1 Like

Do you speak of shared folders? Or group folder?

Actually group folders, but shared folders may come.

For shares, it belongs to the user who is sharing the folder.

I haven’t used groupfolders, could be that it belongs “to the app” and no specific user. But I’ll move to the groupfolder section, the users there should now better.

Thanks for your info.

Regarding group folders: if i remove the user will the file he placed in the group folders remain or will they also be deleted ?

Regarding sharded files/folders: The question remains: where i can see who shared the file/folder ?

I don’t think you one can see how uploaded specific file - independent from the storage. There might be activity record, audit log or as last change you can review system logs - but I don’t think there some system property showing who placed specific file in the share - the ownership and sharing results from the share owner (user or group folder app)

Not really if re-share is enabled and you are the 3rd+ user, you will not see to whom belongs this folder originally.

E.g.

• User A shared Folder A with User B.
  • User B shared Folder A with User C.
  • User C will see that Folder A was shared from User B, not A, who is owning it in a fact. Only User B will see that it is shared by User A.