Display Dates in iso8601 Format

I can’t seem to find out how to change the date display format to ISO8601 ? I can only set the local, which just sets the default customs for the region.

Can someone tell me how to achieve a YYYY-MM-DD, HH:MM:SS format please ?

2 Likes

For many settings, the locale is consultet and the default settings for this regions are used. For English you have the US vs UK and other regions. There is no way to set the display format for the dates and times independently.

That’s a pity. In my household at least, there are three different preferences for formatting.

How can I request this as a feature ?

Usually: Create a feature request on GitHub.

Some issues with date formatting are addressed here: Timestamps are not displayed in the preferred language · Issue #15457 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

I’m not aware of a open feature request for a custom date format. I doubt one has time to work on such a feature as many libraries used by Nextcloud do not allow a custom date format anyway.

For example the library used by the calendar app: Custom Locale Strings, such as dayNames, monthNames, are not supported since V4 · Issue #6023 · fullcalendar/fullcalendar · GitHub. I guess there are ways to workaround but it’s a huge task.

I have opened a feature request Allow customisation of Regional Settings

This is really annoying. The calendar does not use the locale setting.

I am in the US, but I use the Canadian locale (en_CA) everywhere because I want ISO8601 date formats. On the web interface, Nextcloud shows that I have the Canadian locale selected. It even shows the date there in ISO8601 format. But on the calendar, everything is in US format.

I would call that a bug.

I don’t need a custom date option. I just want the calendar to follow the locale.

1 Like

Have you had any success as yet in getting your date displayed in the calendar as per your locale setting ?

I’m working in a small, international team with different languages and locales.
For us, it makes a lot of sense, to just use ISO standards for date and time.
I.e. date format is YYYY-mm-dd HH:MM:SS, week starts on Monday, week number “1” is always the week with the 4th of January, etc.
It would be nice, if there were a toggle Use ISO for everything - independent of locale settings.

4 Likes