Disable *not delete* external storage mount from commandline using occ

I’ve been trying to figure out how to disable some external file storage mappings from the command line using occ but can’t find a way.

Use case
I have a number of external storage - mainly SMB and FTP - mappings. These are mapped to 5-6 different servers.

Issue
Intermittently, one of the servers becomes unavailable (due to a problem with that server which is often beyond my control).

When this server becomes unavailable my Nextcloud instance becomes very slow to respond. It works, but it very slow.

This impacts on experience for my users (less than 20 users). I have traced this (I think) to
continuous attempts to reconnect to the unavailable SMB mounts.

Work around
When I disable external storage support (via occ in command line), the Nextcloud response times go back to normal.

This is sub-optimal as all other external storage mappings become unavailable as a result.

Expectations
I would expect to be able to disable individual mappings 1) by mapping address or 2) by server, something like:

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ files_external:disable <mount_point>

or

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ files_external:disable <host>

I’ve looked through the command line options and admin manual but can’t find it anywhere.

Any suggestions on how to do it from command line, ideally on server or mount basis?

If not, would an option for that be possible to add? I’m happy to help with design and testing if needed.

Thanks!