Disable internal links in UI

Hello,

I’m looking for a possibility to disable the Internal Link (see screenshot below) on my instance.

The problem: many users think that “internal link” means “a link that everyone within the company can access”.

I know its written below but many users stop reading after the title since they have found what they think they were looking for. Since internal links are not used it would be easier to disable them entirely.

same Problem here, i think that link sharing is very confusing in nextcloud to many users, and we can discuss this all day but the UI Design is bad here if users still use the wrong option despite it beeing described what the option does. also many users don’t get that you have to create a share link with the + Button.

@christian.loelkes have you ever found a way to deal with this? thx

@StodaraHodan The solution was “more training” and “better communication/documentation” for users. Since I posted this the problem actually more or less went away but I would still recommend that there’s an option to hide/show this for a specific user group (like “advanced users”) or allow admins to rename it.

You could use the custom css app and just hide the html class

.sharing-entry.sharing-entry__internal {
  display: none !important;
}
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.