Dictionary list for Collabora

Hi all.

I just get working my collabora online with docker. I install it with docker and try it installing with different dictionarys. I tried to install French, Spanish and Basque dictionarys. I have French and Spanish dictionarys working, but not the Basque. Where can I see what dictionarys are availabe and how must I install them?? (for example, spanish is es and basque should be eu, but it doesn’t work)

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Like

Aupa Gotzon, ingelesez azalduko diat besteek ere uler dezaten.

I faced same situation, this is how I managed to install basque language in docker:

1. Get docker image-name and get inside the image so you can edit it

docker ps
docker exec -it container-name bash

1. Once you are inside the image you can install via apt whatever you need, in my case basque language dictionary and nano editor. You can also install new fonts, you just need to install them.

apt update && apt hunspell-eu nano

1. New dictionaries are installed in the following path ‘/usr/share/hunspell/’, we must copy this dictionaries to /opt/collaboraofficeXXXX/share/extensions/dict-eu/. Note that XXXX is the collabora/code version number you use and dict-eu is for basque, change eu with your language code

mkdir /opt/collaboraofficeXXXX/share/extensions/dict-eu/

cp /usr/share/hunspell/eu* /opt/collaboraofficeXXXX/share/extensions/dict-eu/

1. I don’t know if this step is required but I did it and it worked for me. I realized that all other language folders had a file called dictionaries.xcu. Copy this file from another language, catalan for example, and edit it. Change every ca.aff and ca.dic with your language files and also edit locales for you language. For basque is enough eu locale, because there is only one dictionary for eu, eu_ES and eu_FR. If your language has more than one dictionary you can also add them in this file. Delete all lines you don’t need.

2. Once you have made all changes you must save the edited docker image as a new one, if not every time the images is restarted all changes will be deleted. Exit from the image with exit command and use the following command:

docker commit container-ID image-name

1. Tell docker what languages you want to use

docker run -t -d -p 127.0.0.1:9980:9980 -e ‘domain=your\.domain\.com’ -e dictionaries=eu eu_ES eu_FR fr_FR en_GB es_ES’ --restart always --cap-add MKNOD collabora/code

1 Like

Maite zitut!!! Milesker!!!:blush::blush::blush: Ingelesez erantzungo dizut:

It worked for me, thanks a lot!! Only to fix one thing, the second command must be:

apt update && apt install hunspell-eu nano

And the XCU file to copy is called dictionaries.xcu

Thank you very much again!!