Desktop client - no way to connect with no field for server

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 17.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Fedora 31
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx
PHP version (eg, 7.1):

The issue you are facing:
This is an issue on the Desktop Client 2.6.2 running on Fedora 31 - will not display a way to connect; no server URL connection field.
Is this more of an issues to post on the github site?
I recently moved my Nextcloud server instance on Digital Ocean from an Ubuntu server snap install to a container running on CentOS 7. The instance is up and running without issues. I can confirm a client connection works fine from the Android mobile app.
In this desktop client at first attempt, I was able to remove the old URL and enter the new URL. When I selected the Next button, nothing happened. I closed the client and reopened to be faced with the current issue of no URL connection field.
Screenshot:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Update to this issue:

I was able to connect successfully from a separate Fedora 31 machine (laptop) running the client. The issue exist on my Fedora 31 desktop.

As a workaround, I’ve copied the config from my working laptop to my desktop.
However, this seems like a bug.

Similar problem here!
Linux Mint 19.3, Nextcloud-Client 2.6.2git

I have a fresh Linux Mint 19.3 installation and installed Nextcloud-Client from official ppa:nextcloud-devs/client bionic.
I have no possibility to log in to my Nextcloud server, the problem is just as @t3kg33k described. The only difference is that I never had the possibility to enter the URL nor username or password.

The workaround did started the client with the correct url asking me for username and password, asked me if I wanted to allow the client to access my server and then just shuts down.

Reopening: same procedure…