Desktop Client: Error on fresh install connecting to freshly installed VM

I’ve deployed a fresh instance of the univention appliance on my ESXi 6.0U3 sandbox host, and I’m trying to test out the basics. First step, configure a user in the webui (success), install the Windows desktop client (success) and access the default set of files (big fail). I make it as far as “Log in”, “Server Address” (temporary LAN IP of 10.1.10.254 entered here, same as webui), and I get the expected certificate warning and I check the box to “Trust this certificate anyway” and immediately:

The requested URL /index.php/login/flow was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.25 (Univention) Server at 10.1.10.254 Port 443

A bit of Googling has led me to this error being linked to an inability to log into the webui as well, but I am able to log into the webui as both administrator and my newly created account, and I can see the files there. So I think this is a client specific issue I’m seeing. Any advice for troubleshooting?

Edit: More technical info in case that’s helpful:
Server version was 4.3-3 errata448 at the time of posting. I just updated and now we’re at 4.3-3 errata452
NextCloud version was 14.0.6-0, now upgraded to 14.0.6-1
Neither update changed what I’m seeing, but it’s nice to say I have the latest updates.
Interface works using Google Chrome 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 7 Pro OEM (Dell) 64 bit and on Windows Server 2016 (VM).
Installed client not appearing to work on either OS, always hangs with the same message about /index.php/login/flow not being found.

Second Edit: Okay, false alarm. Apparently you cannot just put in the IP, you need to format your answer as such:
https://##.##.##.##/nextcloud

I copied the link from what it tells me to use for webdav, and suddenly the client was continuing along with its setup. Hope this helps someone in the future!

1 Like

Thank you, this definitely helped me. I’m going through the motions setting up my own Nextcloud installation, and I did not at all think to add in the subdirectory to the URL. I thought Nextcloud apps (or at least some of the DAV applications) were supposed to be able to find a Nextcloud installation automatically, but maybe the desktop app doesn’t support this?

Glad it helped. I would’ve also thought they’d have designed the app to ‘assume’ that as a common sub-folder before returning the error. It’s one of those things that’s annoying when you run into it, but once you know it’s easy enough to work around that it may never get fixed.

1 Like