Desktop client 3.4.4 is out

Hi all :wave:

Nicely complementing 23.0.3 and 22.2.6, the desktop team published 3.4.4 of the desktop client! Changes:

• desktop#4339 [stable-3.4] Do not remove files from a Group folder and its nested folders when it is renamed or removed while not allowed.
  • desktop#4354 [stable-3.4] Bugfix/prevent overflow with mtime
  • desktop#4358 Old submodule url does not work anylonger

Just a few small fixes, but worthwhile of course. Go update! And stay tuned for 3.5RC1 soon!

Get the clients now!

EDIT: For those of you up for some testing, desktop client 3.5RC1 is tagged, so the code at least is ready for some attention! You can get the source here. A build will be available soon.

EDIT2: build available! click

One feature that comes with this new release is the ability to choose the Beta channel for releases to help test upcoming RCā€™s! Screenshot below, courtesy of our developer Alex :ukraine:

Release Release 3.5.0 RC1 Ā· nextcloud/desktop Ā· GitHub

3 Likes

Does anyone know whether itā€™s somewhat safe to use virtual files in the current Linux client and an up-to-date Nextcloud instance? Or is there anything to be especially careful about? All I find regarding the feature is ā€œitā€™s experimentalā€, but it would be helpful to know what to look out for, which aspects to consider carefully or to what to give feedback onā€¦

My understanding is that it isnā€™t unstable or anything, but the integration with the ā€˜replacement filesā€™ leaves a lot to be desired from an UI pov. So thatā€™s why we keep it marked as experimental.

Of course this also means it gets less usage, so that does increase the risk of bugs a little. But most of the code is shared with the windows virtual files code which gets a lot of usage and testing, so I donā€™t think that overall it is risky to run at all.

Thanks @jospoortvliet for the clarification. I will give it a shot and observe the robustness ;-).

1 Like