Desktop Client 3.4.1 errors only on one Windows 21H2 machine (other clients working)

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.2.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): OpenSUSE Leap 15.3
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.43
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4.6

Hello,

I am facing regularly several errors on my Desktop Client 3.4.1 but just on a specific Windows (21H2) machine. My other machines don´t show the problem while syncing same account and folders. (My translation from German might not be exact.)

• Die Quelldatei kann nicht entfernt werden (cannot delete source file)
  • Die Datei wurde vom Server gelöscht (Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotFound) → but file is still available on server

This happens since a few days for a larger number of files. The specific Windows client is not used frequently, sometimes with breaks of several weeks.

Currently it is continously happening just on this one machine.
I tried already reinstalling the Desktop Client and deleting the .sync.db files to no avail.

I would be grateful for any idea and help.

Best Regards
Gordian

There are several threads concerning problems with desktop-client 3.4.x under Windows.

Temporary solution:

Don’t forget to disable the automatic search for updates in the settings, if enabled.

Hi,

I tried the downgrade to 3.3.6 version. For me it didn’t help.

But I found that file access was screwed up for many (not all) files on this machine.
File ownership went to Unknown+User and Unknown+Group for unknown reason.
Maybe my disk is going to die … but no other errors or other notifications so far.
After full sync into another location everything went smooth again.

Anyhow thanks for the hint, BR
Gordian