Delete a zombie Share

NC 20.04. Some Shares were established for testing purposes within a Group Folder, including those shared with everyone.

Have done all i can to remove the Share - the folders and files shared have all been deleted. But the Share keeps popping up against other users - which is “noise”!

If most (all?) users have that Share showing up they can see options on right-click which include “Leave this Share”.

Is there a high level command we could run in “occ” which could do that disconnection for all users?

Anywhere else we could look to track down the Zombies?

Who is the owner of the shares?

I am owner of the Shares. And have pressed all the buttons I could see for deleting them. The shares do not show up now when I am logged on as myself.

[EDIT] I am a member of the Admin group.

The occ magic is documented. Please see Using the occ command — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

1 Like

Yes, OCC is magic (and well documented), but yet far from the solution in this case. I have the same issue and it is a well known “problem”. In my case I believe i have done things the wrong way (like sharing something, then deleting in the backend. I have this when i check the oc_storage table:

So my guess is that i will need to have numeric_id 77 and 63 deleted. It is on my to do list (but i suck with db and are a bit scared to pull triggers)

The only real share here is the 84 (i share files as “External storage, local”

Hi there,
Nextcloud released some new occ commands from version 26.0.4, and one of them may actually help you: occ sharing:delete-orphan-shares
According to the documentation:
> Delete shares where the owner no longer has access to the file

Hope it helps
cheers

No, it does not work. Tested 1 thousand times with absolutely nothing being done.

However I solved the issue by deleting manually in the PostgreSQL database. And this is the only solution (even though I am NO expert with databases I would advice to have a backup before you go this route).

Thanks