Default Note at Top of Files App

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 25.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): NethServer 7.9.2009
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.6
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 5.4.16

Is there a way to make a default ā€˜noteā€™ appear after users log in? I disabled the dashboard app, so they go straight to the files app.In the white space at the top there is ā€˜Add notes, lists or linksā€¦ā€™. I would like to put a welcome message or instructional message there by default, so that any time a user is created, this is what they see at the top of the page after logging in. Originally, I had the dashboard and welcome apps as defaultapp in the config file, but I couldnā€™t figure out how to rid the dashboard of the ā€˜customizeā€™ button at the bottom (since I donā€™t want them choosing widgits after login), so I disabled both and took the defaultapps script out of the config file.

That would be the Text app. It is available by default when you login and access your root directory by clicking on Files app. The way to share a document with others is to write something up and then share it with all users as read-only, as a group.

Each user will see their own ā€œscratch padā€ at the top of their account, so your document will not be able to trump theirs, but you can still share something with them so they will see it in their / directory when first logging in. GIve it a title like:
1. Welcome! Please read.

Thanks for the reply. Iā€™ll do that. I really like the dashboard effect and being able to have a welcome message by default on it, but I donā€™t want users to be able to ā€˜customizeā€™ the widget selection (at this point), which would do away with the welcome message. I donā€™t suppose thereā€™s a method to hiding the customize button?

Well, the issue is that each person is given their own blank scratchcard. You cannot currently make your show up for others on their login screen.

You can however use:

• Share a document with your other users as read-only. I share to Everyone group.
  • Collectives app
  • readme.md app

I think readme.md would work nicely, but it hasnā€™t received much maintenance in the last year.