Data Loss Nextcloud <-> OnlyOffice

There are many open Issues regarding the problem that Changes in Documents are shown in the OnlyOffice App (Cache) but are not written to the Documents in Nextcloud.

The oldest one is https://github.com/nextcloud/documentserver_community/issues/12

The last activity was 1 Month before. Issues are not answered. NC Core Team should fix this immediately and release an updated App of that Document Server.

There are many open Issues regarding the problem that Changes in Documents are shown in the OnlyOffice App (Cache) but are not written to the Documents in Nextcloud.

The oldest one is https://github.com/nextcloud/documentserver_community/issues/12

The last activity was 1 Month before. Issues are not answered. @major7 should fix this immediately and release an updated App of that Document Server.

I ORDER YOU NEXTCLOUD TEAM TO FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY FOR FREE BECAUSE ITā€™S AN ANNOYING BUG ! QUICK QUICK QUICK ! Iā€™M WAITING !

@major7 this isnā€™t the way to ask things. This help forum is made for discussions not for giving orders.
You should ask this : ā€œcan someone tell me why this issue isnā€™t updated since one month ? itā€™s hard to find the root of this problem ? you are busy on other topics ?ā€

This bug is affecting me too butā€¦ iā€™m more polite about it.

Yeah, Iā€™m also losing text I wrote, so if I knew how to fix it, I wouldā€¦ It is a super annoying bug but I canā€™t make OO fix it faster by complaining.

OK, so this is a known issue, thatā€™s good. Iā€™m currently saving every document locally until Iā€™m sure the NC version reflects the last changes, which is not always the case. Makes collaborative work a sort of roulette. Bizarrely, it seems to affect some document types more than others for me, (odt more than docx).

same here ONLYOFFICE 6.0.0 Nextcloud 19.0.3, very annoying

The announcement here

suggests that itā€™s production ready.

I strongly suggest to classify ONLYOFFICE as beta as data loss is a no go.

1 Like

seems that the developers not maintain / update the code for a long while (the latest commits on 18 June), any reasons?

So better you switch to the docker solution?

Did solve the issue with following workaround: ONLYOffice Data loss

Hello, we lost data too. We have the following error in the log. Could anyone help us?

Nextcloud Hub
Nextcloud: 20.0.0
Community Document server: 0.1.8
Only Office: 6.1.0

OCA\DocumentServer\Document\DocumentConversionException: change_code: d+1);c=1+this.Nb[0]+this.Nb[d+1]+2*a;this.Nb[c+0]=0;this.Nb[c+1]=0;return 0!==d||0!==a?this.Nb[c-1]:0};Bb.prototype.Nca=function(d,a,c,e){d=this.GCb(d,a);this.Nb[d+0]=c;this.Nb[d+1]=e};Bb.prototype.W3b=function(d,a,c){this.Nb[this.GCb(d,a)+1]=c};Bb.prototype.zH=function(){this.Ua&&(this.Ua.bz.mge(),this.Ua.jd.Pbb(pf))};Bb.prototype.Zm=function(d){if(this.Ua){for(var a=0;a<this.aa.length&&(!this.aa[a].rb||this.aa[a].rb()!==d);++a);if(a<this.aa.length)return this.Ua.Zm(this.rb())}return!1};Bb.prototype.iq= change: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜mgeā€™ of undefined DoctRenderer:

451/5000

Hello everyone!

I was also having the same problem. So I decided to reinstall the ONLYOFFICE and Community_Document_Server applications to see if it would work, but it didnā€™t work.
Now in the settings> ONLYOFFICE, the service is no longer connecting, cURL error 28: Error trying to connect (cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 60001 milliseconds (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl -errors.htm

Does anyone know how to solve?

Nextcloud Hub
Nextcloud: 20.0.1
Community Document server: 0.1.8
Only Office: 6.1.0

Same problem here, still not resolve, documents are store only in onlyoffice docker instance, not on Nextcloud !!

Itā€™s realy a big problem, did you plan to fix it ?

The only reliable way that I know about, to make Nextcloud work with OnlyOffice (outside of having a support contract with Nextcloud) is having OnlyOffice run as a standalone server. Such a server can serve multiple instances of Nextcloud (as well as ownCloud) at the same time, supports simultaneous editing, does not have the ā€œdelayed savingā€ isue, etc.

1 Like