Data directory suddenly missing

Hello,
I have recently set up Nextcloud on my server. Everything was going well until i went to log in and it gave me an error. Initially the error stated the server was in maintenance mode. I added the line ‘maintenance’ => false (there wasnt an entry for maintenance) to config.php. The error then changed to “Your data directory is invalid, Ensure there is a file called “.ocdata” in the root of the data directory.” Now when I checked the data directory the user sub directories were gone!

The only thing i have done recently is enable memcache.local, enable cron and set up crontab ( php -f /var/www/nextcloud/cron.php) but had successfully logged in since setting this up. I have no clue as to where to start looking to fix this. Any pointers?

Thanks

I should also point out that the data directory is on a separate virtual server with the data directory mounted via nfs. the directory is mounted and checking the data folder locally shows that the data is missing.

edit:
on a hunch i just touched a new .ocdata in the data root and logged in. All my files are shown in the web interface but not actually there (get an error if i try to download one).

Solution: the remote hard drive was not mounted so the nextcloud instance installed logs and appdata onto the root filesystem. at first glance it appeared it was mounted. a simple df showed me the error.

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.