Dashboard proposes old version for update

Support intro

Nextcloud version: 19.0.6
Operating system and version : openSUSE Leap 15.2
Apache or nginx version : Apache 2.4.43
PHP version : 7.4.6

The issue you are facing:

After a manual upgrade from 18.0.4 to 19.0.6, unfortunately skipping 18.0.11, I see the following on the Admin dashboard:

Version

Nextcloud nochmal-erklärt.de 19.0.6

Eine neue Version ist verfügbar: Nextcloud 18.0.11
Für alle Apps steht eine Aktualisierung zur Verfügung

Installation of 18.0.4 was done via the openSUSE enxtcloud package. Update to 19.0.6 was done via downloading that version from the nextcloud website, as openSUSE repositories currently only offer version 20.0.0 and a step from 18 to 20 is not possible.

I tried an update via package manager before, but the upgrade process told me not to skip major versions. Therefore I did the installation of 19.0.6 manually and successfully without any error message.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Not sure whether I can replicate it, have updated and cannot do that again

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'xxx',
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxx',
  'secret' => 'xxx',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.178.70',
    1 => 'xx.xx.de',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/srv/www/htdocs/nextcloud/data',
  'skeletondirectory' => '',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '19.0.6.2',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://xxx.xxx.de/nextcloud',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'xxx',
  'installed' => true,
  'maintenance' => false,
  'loglevel' => 0,
  'theme' => '',
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_from_address' => 'info',
  'mail_domain' => 'xxx.de',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtphost' => 'smtp.strato.de',
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',
  'mail_smtpname' => 'xx@xxx-xxx.de',
  'mail_smtppassword' => 'xxx',
  'mail_smtpport' => '465',
  'default_language' => 'de',
  'default_locale' => 'de_DE',
  'updater.secret' => 'xxx',
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Update: After waiting some more minutes, the update notification is gone automagically. But also the 20.x is not proposed. So I’m putting this topic on hold. Lets see whether I’m successful with a further update to 20.x after some time.

I update from 19.0.4 to 19.0.7 manually because the updater display :

Initializing
Current version is 19.0.4.
No update available.

So I update manually and step by step to 21.0.7 but the updater always displays :

Version
Nextcloud 22.2.3
Une nouvelle version est disponible : Nextcloud 19.0.7
Toutes les applications ont une mise à jour disponible pour cette version

And when I click to open the updater system, I can see :

Initializing
Current version is 22.2.3.
No update available.

I try to modify the oc_whats_new table but the updater still offers me version 19.0.7 ?!?!!

I am experiencing the same problem at the moment, I am at 23.0.0 and the updater proposes a downgrade to 21.0.7.

The oc_whats_new table is empty for me, so I guess this is stored in some other table or in the data directory.

I don’t find anything in data directory.

in data/updater.log, I found some notes about all my manual updates, but nothing about 19.0.7 version.

in data/nextcloud.log, I see 30 lines like this one :

{"reqId":"YerzfuxhjXG4I0NCjj3AwAAAAFU","level":0,"time":"2022-01-21T17:55:11+00:00","remoteAddr":"2001:1715:4e20:c291:aa5e:45ff:fea3:2bdc","user":"AlainR","app":"files_sharing","method":"GET","url":"/intranet/ocs/v2.php/apps/updatenotification/api/v1/applist/19.0.7.1","message":"/appinfo/app.php is deprecated, use \\OCP\\AppFramework\\Bootstrap\\IBootstrap on the application class instead.","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:96.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/96.0","version":"20.0.14.2"}

Oh and I found those lines in oc_appconfig table (appid, configkey, configvalue) VALUES :

('core', 'lastupdateResult', '{\"version\":\"19.0.7.1\",\"versionstring\":\"Nextcloud 19.0.7\",\"url\":\"https:\\/\\/download.nextcloud.com\\/server\\/releases\\/nextcloud-19.0.7.zip\",\"web\":\"https:\\/\\/docs.nextcloud.com\\/server\\/19\\/admin_manual\\/maintenance\\/upgrade.html\",\"changes\":\"https:\\/\\/updates.nextcloud.com\\/changelog_server\\/?version=19.0.7\",\"autoupdater\":\"1\",\"eol\":\"0\"}'),
('updatenotification', 'core', '19.0.7.1');

After making a backup, I deleted these 2 lines and now my Nextcloud tells me that it is up to date.
I compared with another Nextcloud and added the following 2 lines:

INSERT INTO `oc_appconfig‘ (`appid`, `configkey`, `configvalue`) VALUES ('core', 'lastupdateResult', '[]'), ('updatenotification', 'core', '22.2.3.0')

The updater keeps telling me that Nextcloud is up to date. And no mention of version 19.0.7 anymore.