Dashboard - default settings for all users

Hello,
I use Nextcloud 20.0.x for my group. I would like set same dashboard for all my current users:

• same background, no status, no weather, no button for modify dashboard
  • only recent files for all

How can I configure it?
Thanks, JR

3 Likes

Iā€˜m interested. I search also for administrating user or groups in backend. I would like to give every user or group the same calender or contacts managed by admin.

@Haensen
Your issue is different than the topic title. Open another one and search GitHub/Forum before.

@janrok
Not possible at the moment AFAIK.

@rakekniven Do you know if this has already been added to the roadmap? Do you think it would make sense to open a Github issue as feature request?

I donā€™t know.

Yes, please see existing issues before filing a new one.

1 Like

Thank you for reaching back, I couldnā€™t find any duplicates.

2 Likes

This is missing in GitHub issue. Intention or coincidence?

Hey there,

I also wanted to customize the widgets, which are displayed by default. My solution goes as follows:

You have to manipulate ā€œDashboardController.phpā€, located in ā€œ/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dashboard/lib/Controllerā€ or something similar.

Somewhere in the middle there is the function ā€œpublic function index(): TemplateResponseā€ within it youā€™ll find the variable " $systemDefault = (ā€¦)", there the very last string, right before the closing parantheses, has the names of the apps, whichā€™s widget should be displayed by dafault. There you can put in the name of the apps you want to display on default.
I found that for it to work, you have to take the same name as the according directory for the app is named in ā€œvar/www/nextcloud/appsā€. So for ā€œannouncementsā€ you have to put in ā€œannouncementcenterā€; for ā€œtalkā€ you have to put in ā€œspreedā€ and so on.

Iā€™m not quite sure how to handle Apps which can display multiple widgets like mail. But for you it should be enough to delete the other app-names from the string.

To disable weather a few lines below you can set ā€œ[ā€˜weatherā€™ => false]ā€ instead of ā€œtrueā€

I donā€™t know how to disable the status or the edit button, but I would imagine that this would be able in a similar manner. Maybe you can play around a bit and find the right lines to edit. If you have any progress I will be happy to hear it from you.

Maybe I should note that this solution, at least as far as I can see it, only works for new users who havenā€™t logged in for the first time.

Iā€™m running Nextcloud 21.0.0 and Dashboard 7.1.0

I hope you found this information useful, maybe you already found another solution

Cheers!

SchnitZel

1 Like

Hello Team,

Iā€™m also looking to have within Nextcloud Settings the ability to set the default widgets my employees see when they login to Nextcloud.

Iā€™ve been digging into Github and found the following post and thought I would share with the forum.

The OCC command can be used to set the default widgets for users:

How do I set their dashboards, i.e. set default dashboard for all users

occ user:setting myUser dashboard layout --delete` (to reset a userā€™s setting to system default)

occ user:setting myUser dashboard layout ā€˜welcome,spreedā€™` (to set an explicit user setting)

If you have direct DB access to issue an SQL query: DELETE FROM oc_preferences WHERE appid='dashboard' AND configkey='layout' (to reset all usersā€™ custom configs)

Iā€™m still preferring to have within my Settings the ability as an Admin to set the widgets I want users/groups to see when they login and view their Dashboard. But Iā€™ll test out the occ commands on my test Nextcloud and see how it goes.

Cheers!

3 Likes