Dashboard capitalized users fullname

Hi, I am testing the LDAP integration in Nextcloud 26 and the truth is that it works very well for me. Only thing, I would like to be able to show the users fullname capitalized(the first letter uppercase) in the Dashboard App, since in my LDAP database the users are registered in lowercase. Is there any way to do that? Do you think it is feasible to implement it in the future? Where could I ask for this feature? Thank you.

output-onlineimagetools (1)

The name displayed here is the “Display name” of the user account (not the username). So you simply need to make that formatted the way you want.

You are right, thanks for the appreciation. I think it is the displayName in the Dashboard App and at the same time coming from the LDAP database the Full name field in the users Profile where it is not possible to make changes.
profile-nc

Yes, then you are out of luck. There is no setting to process the full name / display name - it is displayed as it is entered. You could of course make an app that processes the names though, that’s rather easy to do.

Interesting alternative, but I’m afraid it will be quite difficult for me. I don’t have enough knowledge in NC app development, but I might get into it and give it a try. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be better to fix the issue at the source in the LDAP database?

Capitalising names can be hard, for some names and some languages you might not want to capitalise every word for instance.

Of course. I thought that was obvious, that the place to fix the problem is where the problem originates (e.g. wrongly capitalized names in the account database).

It should indeed be fixed at the source of the information. If that isn’t possible, the other options are workarounds, but doable.

1 Like

After studying a bit the alternatives to the issue, I have decided to make the necessary changes in the database registry, after all it will be the most reasonable solution. Thanks for your help.

1 Like