Customizing user settings

Hi!

I was wondering what would be the best way to customize the user settings (if there is one)? We are using Keycloak as an SSO server and all of the user data is synchronized from there. That’s why I would like to be able to link to Keycloak’s account management page from Nextcloud and disable/hide Nextcloud’s account settings.

I don’t think it’s possible to hide the user’s own setting page, but a link to the other page can easily be added in various places using the external sites app.

I realise that is a possibility but I would in addition like to at least hide the settings page. It is currently a very confusing experience for the users.

I’m rolling out the cloud and among the first users I immediately got a “bug report” that changing password doesn’t work. Since my instance will eventually be used by quite a lot of people I imagine I would get similar questions a lot. :smiley:

You could hide the fields you want with custom CSS, but a more clean way to do it would be to improve integration in the app you use for SSO (SAML?).

I am also looking for hiding specific fields from the user profile settings, eg Twitter, Fediverse, Website fields, which are not needed. How to do it in a better way?