Customize standard mail notifications

This can make it impossible for version 12, which is written in the info.xml::
dependencies
nextcloud min-version=“13” max-version="13"
dependencies

I changed the permissions of all folders and files to 775, in the templateeditor folder. I still can’t activate it in Apps…

So I’m sorry … maybe the git-version ist not compatible with NC12 - see my last comment … I will get into my installation to extract the older app … perhaps it works with NC12 … we stay in connection … have to go to bed now (early morning is waiting) … until tomorrow … bye so long - soyo

Ok, thanks a lot so far!

You’re welcome:slight_smile:

Perhaps this works:
Change nextcloud min-version=“13” to 12

Sleep well … soyo

Yes, now I could enable the app… but, where can I customize the mails? There is no new option available in the admin :slight_smile:

Hi Anneke, sorry for my late answer … busy as can be:-(
I can send the version 0.2 per download link … NC min 11 / max 11
Same precedure: set max to 12
Hope, that will help you …
Regards soyo

Why not use the existing stable zip for the related Nextcloud version? https://github.com/nextcloud/templateeditor/archive/stable12.zip

:wink:

Michalng, I uploaded the folders and files in the app folder. I enabled the template editor, but I still can’t see where to customize the mail templates.
The permissions of all the folders and files have to be 775?

Hi Anneke, I’m back again …
Permissions of all folders are 755 over here. The files in the folders have 644.
User and group permissions are both given to www-data (webuser/webgroup) over here.
Dependig on how your webuser and webgroup are named, they have to be the owner of them recursive for all folders and files.
Hope this helps … Soyo

All folders are 755, the files have 644. But I still can’t see anything where to customize the mail templates.

Does anyone else have a solution, maybe?

If no-one answers you should start providing some information.
Where did you already look for it, what are the error messages in the log?

There are none error messages in the log. The plugin is enabled. I have no idea where I can search for answers.