Cronjob on Nextcloud all in one doesnt work

hi all,

Just installed the all in one version of nextcloud but the cron job doesnt seem to run, system states that it hasnt run for about 3 hours now (since installation).

Could anyone help me out?

If you need any data just let me know what i should sent.

Thanks in advance

Hi @lightningmtv,
You are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post. You will need to enter the docker container to access this info, see How To Use docker exec to Run Commands in a Docker Container | DigitalOcean

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you! Thanks.

Not really, since you didn’t use the support template. That template explicitly lists what information we need, but you ignored it.

Perhaps go back to the template, which explicitly lets you know what “data” you should have sent.

Seriously, why do so many people ignore the template when asking for help? Isn’t it obvious the absolute basics (such as what OS you’re using) are listed there to prompt you?

I’ll take a guess, though. I’m guessing that in the “Basic settings”, for “Background jobs”, you chose “Cron (Recommended)” but then didn’t actually set up the cron job. If you’re not sure how to set up a cron job, just leave in set to “AJAX”. That way, at least something will happen as you use Nextcloud.

If you still want to use cron, then here’s what I did on FreeBSD (which I can only assume is your OS since you didn’t tell us).

As root (or using sudo), enter:
crontab -u www -e

And add the line:
*/5 * * * * php -f /usr/local/www/nextcloud/cron.php

That will add a cron job as user “www”.

You can do what I did, but it probably won’t work since I have no idea what OS you’re using, what webserver you’re using, what user your webserver runs as, or what you did or didn’t do to get where you are.

Hi, I just wanted to point out that AIO configures the cronjob by default so I suspect that maybe a installed app blocks it from getting executed correctly