Creating new account lets Nextcloud desktop app (Win7) die

Hi,
I have just updated to 2.5.1 (2.5 didn’t want to be installed and always got stuck at some point) and it looks like this version would work - more or less. The one account which was already set is synchronised.
But now, I want to add a new account and just clicking on “new account” (in German “Neues Konto hinzufügen”) brings the client to break after displaying the new screen where I would choose between “Register” - Registrieren Sie sich bei einem Anbieter - and “Login” - Anmelden).
The Desktop OS is Win7 Ultimate 64 Bit virtualised with Virtualbox on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.
I’d be happy to know if this error is known and will be fixed.
Best regards,
Littlebuddha

Anyone here with some solution?

Even removing the app and reinstalling doesn’t help… As soon as I touch the dropdown at the right in order to create an account, the client crashes.
Also, for some reasons, the installer takes ages to install the client - it gets “stuck” on vcredist_x64.exe. The installation takes about 6-7 minutes, 99% of the time being stuck at the one point mentioned before.

I can’t imagine that this is a standard behavior. But my setup - Win7 Ulitmate on Virtualbox is not really exotic neither…

Just for info: I installed the owncloud client to connect and it works fine. It looks like noone is interested in making the app work fine, sad thing!

try one of these: https://download.nextcloud.com/desktop/prereleases/Windows/