Most (or all) Nextcloud apps provide a way to log in via QR code. However, for the non-technical user, they probably don’t know that they need to:
- Log into Nextcloud
- Open the menu in the top right
- Go to to the Settings page
- Open the Security page
- Scroll all the way to the bottom
- Type in a device name and click “Create new app password”
- Click “Show QR code for mobile apps” (which isn’t even an obvious clickable link)
- Scan the QR code with their app
At this point, most users could have typed in their username and password. It would be much easier to have a QR login button either in the top right menu or right next to their avatar icon. Upon clicking this button, users can quickly generate an app password and get a QR code.
I’d love to build this, but Vue.js is NOT something I have ever used. I’m trying to figure out how I would call functions inside the
AuthTokenSetupDialogue.vue file using my own JS. Is this possible?