Could you make a way to control transparency

I was just wondering if thereā€™s any way in a future update. That you could make a way to control the boxes and eliminates so we can control the transparency of them. For example like when we go to files how it hides our background all white canā€™t really see the background but if you can make it transparent or control the transparency so that way the background image bleeds through it would be nice. Iā€™m not sure if this makes any sense. Iā€™m not a developer or programmer.

That is already available. You need this app:

App-Id theming_customcss
App-Name Custom CSS
Summary Adjust the Nextcloud theme with custom CSS
Categories customization
App-Version 1.15.0
Repository GitHub - nextcloud/theming_customcss
Issue-Tracker https://github.com/juliushaertl/theming_customcss/issues
NC min/max 20 / 28
Not-shipped (not included) App available in appstore
Appstore-link Custom CSS - Apps - App Store - Nextcloud
Created 2017-08-25T16:48:12.705727Z
Last modified 2023-11-09T14:38:20.724446Z

You need to understand how css works but it is easy; you have to look in the browser console to find out the styles and change them in the litle css window that comes with this app.

Much luck
ernolf

I donā€™t understand how CSS works though. Iā€™ve tried that app and bricked my test nextcloud. Which I did not even think was possible but I am good at making the impossible possible. Any good recommendations on where I can learn CSS?

There are many great resources to learn CSS. Here are some recommended links:

1. MDN Web Docs - CSS Tutorial:
  • MDN Web Docs - CSS
  • The Mozilla Developer Network documentation provides a comprehensive and well-structured introduction to CSS.
  1. W3Schools - CSS Tutorial:
  1. CSS-Tricks:
  • CSS-Tricks
  • A website that includes many useful articles, snippets, and tutorials on CSS.
  1. freeCodeCamp - CSS Course:
  1. CSS Grid Layout by Rachel Andrew:
  1. Flexbox Froggy:
  • Flexbox Froggy
  • An interactive game that helps you learn the basics of Flexbox.
  1. Codecademy - Learn CSS:
  1. CSS Grid Garden:
  • CSS Grid Garden
  • Similar to Flexbox Froggy, CSS Grid Garden is an interactive game for learning Grid Layout.
  1. Smashing Magazine - CSS Section:
  1. YouTube - Traversy Media CSS Crash Course:

Much luck,
ernolf

1 Like

Thank you very much