Could not open files after getting database data from backup

Hi,

some days before I deleted my database, because of not thinking. I have a backup an could create the database. But I added some files after the last backup. I thought it will be no problem, because the file are still existing, but was not shown in the web interface and the desktop sync client create the state of the web interface. Because of the existing files I tell the nextcloud installation to rescan the files. So now I see the files again, but could not open them. The interface shows the correct size and name, but an error when I try to download or open them.

I am have a encrypted nextcloud 13.0.4 installation running in a docker container, paired with redis as cache and mysql as database.

Are there encryption keys saved in database for each file or what could I do to reenter the files?

Downside should be the error which is dropped by the system.
Thank you

Uncaught Error: Access to undeclared static property: OC\Files\Filesystem::$normalizedPathCache in /var/www/html/lib/private/Files/Filesystem.php:796 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/lib/private/Files/View.php(2055): OC\Files\Filesystem::normalizePath(’/wolle/files/Ed…’) #1 /var/www/html/lib/private/Files/View.php(1182): OC\Files\View->unlockFile(’/Education/Beut…’, 1) #2 [internal function]: OC\Files\View->OC\Files{closure}() #3 /var/www/html/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/streams/src/CallbackWrapper.php(109): call_user_func(Object(Closure)) #4 [internal function]: Icewind\Streams\CallbackWrapper->stream_close() #5 {main} thrown at /var/www/html/lib/private/Files/Filesystem.php#796

Server-side encryption normally adds a signature with data from database. Therefore it is important a complete backup of files and database is required (which were made at the same time)! However, you error is not related to the signature (so if you haven’t changed the files since the database backup, you should be able to restore them).

Regarding your error, I only found issues which were already solved in previous version, except for this one:

where different users reported some problems.

For developers, it is important to be able to reproduce a problem. In your case, it can be a bit difficult (especially you did some uncomplete backup and try a partial recovery). If you still have the unencrypted files on your client and your setup is not very large, it might be faster/easier to start fresh with a well defined system. Also note that the server-side encryption is designed for external storage and compared to that, the benefits on a local storage is very limited and you add complexity (potential errors) to your system.

hmm, ok thank you. I always thing about to deactivate it locally but waiting for the end-to-end encryption… for me it is only one or two files, but I do not know how much files of other users are effected.