Could nextcloud installing with other apps ex. aapanel on a server?

Could nextcloud installing with other apps ex. aapanel on a server?

How to change nextcloud listening port?how to configure?
In the case, the default port of aapanel is also 80 and 443

I think the solution depends in what server you have. Is it self hosted or a vps? Is it a SBC like a raspberry pi or something with more performance?
The more information you give the easier it gets to answer.

If you use a raspberry, I would install one of both as docker and change the ports of the container. It is easy to do so at the deployment. (Don’t now if the pi has enough performance to run portainer, but if it is able it would be a nice GUI for docker)

If you use something bigger than you can also think about a KVM solution like proxmox and run it on two different VMs with different IPs and a reverse proxy.

Hope that helps

Hi @rzrobbi17

I don’t have any expirience with aaPanel. But it looks like aaPanel is meant to transform your server in a hosting platform, similiar to what commercial managed hosting services offer.

Hosting platforms like this normaly use Apache or NGINX Virtual Hosts to serve your sites. You would then use diffrent subdomains like nextcloud.yourdomain.tld, otherapp.yourdomian.tld, website.yourdomain.tld etc. in order to serve diffrent services. That way they can all run on port 80/443.

Also you do usually not run apps like Nextcloud beside apps like aaPanel. You run them through or with aaPanel. aaPanel is meant to manage all the components Nextcloud or other web services gonna need in order to run. aaPanel is not usefull on it’s own or to manage or serve appliances like NCP or apps that are running in Docker containers.

Hello,

NextCloud works flawlessly with aaPanel, in-fact for me or anyone who is somewhat aware about cPanel / DirectAdmin type hosting panels, aaPanel + NextCloud is one of the easiest way to go about it.

However, I couldn’t trust aaPanel on a production server. Being a Chinese piece of software (its a fork of their BT Panel) and with a long list of serious backdoor allegations, one must do a thorough security audit of their Open Source code. I don’t have that expertise so I skipped it.

Talking just for feature list and ease of use for a non technical user like me, aaPanel is just awesome.

But as I said about the trust issue, I opted for the snap way for NextCloud deployment.

Thanks.

do you know the other alternative application except aapanel ?
that security has been tested, but i need a feature like aapanel

You could have a look at ISPconfig: https://www.ispconfig.org/

1 Like

Hello,

I am too in look out for the same… CentOS Web panel is a good candidate but they have gone bit greedy and features like php8 or such updated stuff is only on their paid version.

Rest of the stuff is way too barebone and lot of self configuration needed. Which kind of defeats the entire purpose of a management panel.

I wish these aaPanel guys ties up with some reputable security firm to publish a detailed security audit of their code. aaPanel is really good, its light weight and as feature rich as big guns like cPanel and DirectAdmin.

Thanks.

Sorry. I do not use aapanel.
But for Docker are documented different ports. Not 80/443.
Perhaps you can also change them in aapanel.

Either use a reverse proxy or run unimportant stuff like an admin tool on other ports than 80/443. If it is not possible use another admin tool or none at all. Often these tools do not help much anyway.

Well I I would go even further. Hosting a solution like Plesk or cpanel in order facilitate the installation of a few web applications for personal or small business use makes relatively little sense in itself. First of all these solutions are designed to provide professional hosting services at large scale and cost money. Secondly these solutions are relatively complex to maintain in itself. So If you manage to set up such a solution and run it securely, you are already deep enough into the subject that you most likely would be able to manage your small business website and a Nextcloud instance manually and I would argue that this would be easier than managing a complex hosting platform plus Nextcloud plus the website.

In addition to that, fewer and fewer web applications are running at all on traditional hosting platforms these days, and even PHP applications like Nextcloud are often subject to practical limitations that have to be solved with some more or less cumbersome workarounds. Just have a look here in the forum to see what issues users have with their Nextcloud instances on shared hosting platforms.

my grumpyness again:

the best tool to manage a server is SSH+SSLkeys

All those GUI have restrictions, flaws, holes … and been a chinese or russian software is not a good sign nowadays

Hi,

Recently I have noticed many people are talking about a new panel called → https://fastpanel.direct/

Specially the aaPanel users at their forum had good praise of this panel, so may be you can give that a try

Thanks.

Yep, again, those panel are not something you should use as a wonder-tool.

For example, fastpanel doesn’t support DNS external synchronization with every providers ( only 3, US based, using a token based exchange ). So, if your registrar is not compatible with them, you’re a little screwed…

I use Webmin for my hosting management. It doesn’t appear as slick as these options, as in the GUI is not as fancy :slight_smile:

I find it fairly robust enough for my needs.