Correct permissions for

Nextcloud version: 15.0.4
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 18.04
Apache or nginx version: 2.4.29
PHP version: 7.2.19

The issue you are facing:
I am using a “Local” external storage, which is an external hard drive which is permanently connected to my home server. I have my photos on that storage and want to sync part of it to my laptop using the nextcloud client (2.5.2). For some files, I get an error when the client tries to upload a new version of that file:

Server replied "423 Locked" to "MOVE https://.../remote.php/dav/uploads/erik/24.../.file" (".../catalog.lrcat.upload.part" is locked)

However, I can’t find a file with upload.part anywhere on the server. My suspicion is that maybe I did not set the permissions on that external storage correctly. It is set to: 775, erik:www-data

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): No, it keeps coming up for a while now.

Steps to replicate it:

1. create “local” external storage, set the permissions as above, and upload a file to that
  2. change that file on the local computer and try to sync again to the server
  3. probably you will get a similar error.

Could not see any entries in the log files that would be linked the attempted sync.

Any suggestions what could be the reason? How would I set the permissions appropriately? I would prefer if the files are still owned by my user (not www-data).

Hey, check this out: