Copying data to Nextcloud

I have TB’s of data I would like to copy to my local Nextcloud instance. All of the files are currently on hard drives created on Windows. My Nextcloud server is running Ubuntu Server. It should be able to read my external hard drive, my question is however… can I rsync the data from the hard drive directly into a user directory within the Data Directory? For example, instead of copying files over the network (which to copy TB’s of data would take ages) can I use rsync off an external drive to copy them directly?

nothing I would recommend for daily operations but works for initial load:

• rsync your data into data directory
  • assign correct user rights
  • run occ files:scan
1 Like

So just clarifying… after I rsync the files into the correct directory and give it the same user rights as the other files… I just run the occ files:scan command and that’s it?

How do you run the “occ” command if you have the AIO docker instance of Nextcloud?

Update: I looked around some more and looked for “OCC” and couldn’t find it. I did some reasearch and looked in the usual places but it wasn’t there. Where should I go to find that command so I can run it?

I found this page… Run 'occ files-scan --all' automatically in docker container. When I run the command listed in the solution it gives me this error…
OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: unable to start container process: exec: "/var/www/html/occ": stat /var/www/html/occ: no such file or directory: unknown

@szaimen, based on how I set it up on following the directions on the AIO docker GitHub page… is there a different location in which I should look to find the “occ” command?

Hi, see GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: Nextcloud AIO stands for Nextcloud All In One and provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.

2 Likes