Contacts 2.0.0 released

Ok, although a faulty server shouldnā€™t cause this (there are routines which handle that case) it seems likely that this is the issue here, thanks @raimund-schluessler. Can you retest the update once the file becomes available for you? If you donā€™t want to wait, you can also download the release yourself and replace the files on the server.

Ok so what I saw is this: the download starts but is really very slow.

contacts.tar.gz                 5%[=>                                               ]  33,58K   909 B/s    in 38s

After some time it fails. Sometimes it also fails to establish a connection at all.

I think a good solution would be to show some info during the download of the app (and not to go into maintenance mode during the download). That way I would have seen that something is wrong with the download.

Hi, after trying to update the contacts app my nextcloud also does not respond anymore. conifg/config.php was in maintenance mode. I set it to false but nothing changed. Iā€™m running version 12.0.3. Any idea?

Your cloud is still not responding? Try restarting the web-server. :slightly_frowning_face:
It seems like the slow download speed for some people is causing timeouts/problems for the web-servers.

If anyone has the same issue:

sudo fuser -k 443/tcp 
service nginx stop 
service php7.0-fpm restart 
service nginx start 
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off
1 Like

Downloading and installing worked for me now after github seems to be working normally again.

1 Like

Yep, works now. Still should not have happened.

1 Like

I would suggest opening an issue on https://github.com/nextcloud/server! :blush:
Sorry for the inconveniences you had!

Shouldnā€™t it go to the updater repo?

or maybe the appstore

When I was skimming through the update code before it looked like the code to update apps is in nextcloud/server and not nextcloud/updater. Just open an issue, they will redirect you if it is the wrong repo. :slight_smile:

Edit: appstore is just the code for the nextcloud appstore website (https://apps.nextcloud.com) afaik.

Done, thanks.

1 Like

Hi,
Iā€™m new to the forum but Iā€™ve been using nextcloud for a while I migrated from owncloud, Not sure if this is the right place but it appears that the contacts upgrade hosed my access to my contacts, they no longer display. Iā€™m running nextcloud 12.0.3 . I have two questions

1 - should I remove the contacts folder from my nextcloud install in the apps directory and reinstall it? (note my contacts have been backed up and only the contacts function is affected), This has worked in the past.
2 Iā€™m a bit curious about, on the apps page official vs. view in store, are these eventually becoming official and should I be waiting for a stable version or are they not officially supported? or something else.

again if this isnā€™t the right forum , can someone point me to the right place and thanks for your help and a great progam

@ripperzip You can do 1 without any problems, the contacts are stored in the database - no user data in the apps folder. Maybe this even solves your problem with the app, if not - feel free to open an issue on https://github.com/nextcloud/contacts.
2. You mean the state of the apps? I donā€™t know how these official labels are assigned, sorry - maybe you find something in the documentation of Nextcloud.

Thanks for your quick response _ Iā€™ll try removing it and reinstalling it. I used the update in the apps location maybe it just didnā€™t load properly - Iā€™ll let you know how I make out

That fixed it for me - simple enough

again thanks for your help

2 Likes

Hmmā€¦ Name prefix and postfix are no longer displayed in the contact list. So itā€™s planned?
Maybe itā€™s to be better to add a custom list display template to the settings?

When you sort by First name or by Last name this is intended behaviour, yes.
When sorting by displayname it just uses the name which is given in the colored bar, so you can change it and add prefix/postfix as desired and have it shown in the contact list.

I see. But itā€™s still sounds strange. In mobile config there are two different options: ā€œsort orderā€ and ā€œdisplay orderā€. Itā€™s unusual that in NC app two options becomes one.

You mean in your smartphone contacts application? That may be - for the nextcloud contacts app we currently do not differentiate between a sort and display order. But this may be a good enhancement for the app. :+1:
If youā€™d like you can open an issue on https://github.com/nextcloud/contacts/issues/ and propose this feature.

A post was split to a new topic: Handling of large number of contacts (>1000)