Contact address syncing issue iOS

Hi all,

I recently experienced an issue when adding certain fields to my contacts in iOS.

My current setup
Nextcloud version: 27.1.3
Operating system and version: Unraid 6.12.4
Nextcloud is running in a docker
Contacts app version: 5.4.2
iOS version: 17.1

When I add fields to a contact such as address or website, it seems to be not visible in the webapp. I checked the vcf export and noticed the following:

exporting a contact made in the nextcloud cloud app would set the address as follows:

ADR;TYPE=HOME:;;street number;city;state;postal code;country

exporting a contact made in iOS would set the address as follows:

item1.ADR;type=HOME;type=pref:;;street number;city;state;postal code;country

iOS will put this prefix on certain fields when you add a contact and also when you change other fields of an existing contact, making the information disappear from the webapp.

Nextcloud DOES NOT remove this info from the contact though, because if you export an iOS made contact in the webapp it seems to include the address that is not visible in the webapp. Also, when syncing contacts between iOS and Android through nextcloud, Android seems to be able to handle the added item# prefix (does not add it itself when creating or changing a contact though).

I am aware that this dot notation probably breaks the vcard standard, but is there a chance the contacts app patches this visualization issue?