Considerations for installing Nextcloud

Hello all together,
this is the first writing here so please be patient with me. I have installed several Nextclouds servers already and will be good to go with several configurations/scenarios. As of my writing here I did a lot of research to have an idea on how to provide this/my scenario the best way.

At the moment I am currently serving around 50 Users with an amount of 500GB data. This is not sooo much, but thinking of several file storages running around at least three locations I was thinking about how to provide cifs/nfs support with an automatism to be mounted locally by a script or Domain Controller.

My environment is seemless cloud based with only a few services on prem. My consideration has been: hey so why not installing Nextcloud to replace the old file storages. As per today I have an Nextcloud instance running on my datacenter so I want to port data from the file servers to the cloud but keep a copy of all files locally there. In short: just adding the Nextcloud functionality to those file servers and keep files on all places highly available.

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this project idea?

regards
Carsten