Connection timeout, unable to connect

Forgive the title not quite right,
but I didn’t know how else to formulate it!
I have installed NC21.01 on Ubuntu Server 20.04, apache2, mariadb, php7.4, without any problems and everything works fine.
When on another pc, from Settings, I set up the Nextcloud online account, it creates it for me without problems, but when I go to File and mount the server, it sometimes takes a long time, sometimes it tells me that the timeout has been reached: where am i wrong?
Thanks so much!

you can try a

tail -f /next/cloud/data/folder/nextcloud.log | jq

Thanks a lot for the answer,
forgive me but I do not follow you: should I give this command on the server? Putting the exact path where the log file is?

Yes.

Regarding log please read Logging — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

Fine thanks a lot!
This is one of the latest outputs:

{
  "reqId": "hyB0nP7GKNaOJSsTXseu",
  "level": 2,
  "time": "2021-05-13T12:59:37+00:00",
  "remoteAddr": "151.43.208.99",
  "user": "--",
  "app": "no app in context",
  "method": "POST",
  "url": "/index.php/login",
  "message": "Login failed: orestis (Remote IP: 151.43.208.99)",
  "userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:88.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0",
  "version": "21.0.1.1"

As if that weren’t enough, today, from my home LAN, the Android apps (notes and Calder, for example) take a really long time to synchronize, while from an external connection no problem.

I would kindly ask you to apologize! I’m not very experienced!
Up to NC20 I had no major problems and, basically, I did it by following online guides and more, from NC21 I am not understanding anything anymore: my server is not working as it should …

Mhmm nobody can help me, please? :sob:

Can you describe what you mean with “mount the server”?

I try: Ubuntu has an “Online Account” setting, where I enter my NC_ server address, username and password, by doing so I can see, for example, my calendar in Ubuntu software.
In addition, in the file manager I have the possibility to mount my server as a network drive and access all the folders.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/user_manual/en/files/access_webdav.html

Read and reread several times.
How do you explain that, up to NC20, with the procedure I described to you earlier, I never had any problems?

I don’t have an idea, i am still waiting for the update to NC21.

Can you mount the server on command line as described in the link above?

1 Like

But in fact I really think that I will take a cue from you and return to 20: this 21 is too many problems.

Anyway, trying and trying again, if I first connect to the server with the dav procedure and then as I’ve always done it seems (but I stress it seems!) To work …

1 Like