Connection of Win-Client fails since upgrade to NC17.0.3 and 2.6.2stable-64bit

Nextcloud version 17.0.3:
Operating system and version Win7/10:
PHP version 7.3:

Dear colleagues,

after using the Nextcloud 15.0.7 for a few months without any problems in the web interface, via Android and in the Win-Client I had the great idea to upgrade. So I gradually upgraded to 16.0.3, 16.0.8 and finally 17.0.3, at first without any problems.
Now I wanted to install the client on a new laptop, but here I always get the error message after entering the domain: "Please switch to the browser to continue. Error accessing the token endpoint. Error transfering https://xyz.abc/index.php/login/v2 - server replied:

• Open browser again
  • Copy link

Access via the web interface still works, access via devices that have already been authenticated works as well.

In config.php I have already tried overwrite.cli.url and overwriteprotocol as recommended in Tips on the Internet, without success so far:

> <?php
> $CONFIG = array (
>   'instanceid' => 'xyz',
>   'passwordsalt' => 'xyz',
>   'secret' => 'xyz',
>   'trusted_domains' => 
>   array (
>     0 => 'xyz',
>   ),
>   'datadirectory' => 'xyz',
>   'dbtype' => 'mysql',
>   'version' => '17.0.3.1',
>   'overwrite.cli.url' => 'xyz',
>   'overwriteprotocol' => "https",
>   'dbname' => 'xyz',
>   'dbhost' => 'localhost',
>   'dbport' => '',
>   'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
>   'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
>   'dbuser' => 'xyz',
>   'dbpassword' => 'xyz',
>   'installed' => true,
>   'mail_from_address' => 'xyz',
>   'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
>   'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
>   'mail_domain' => 'xyz',
>   'mail_smtpsecure' => 'tls',
>   'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
>   'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
>   'mail_smtpname' => 'xyz',
>   'mail_smtppassword' => 'xyz',
>   'mail_smtphost' => 'xyz',
>   'mail_smtpport' => '587',
>   'maintenance' => false,
>   'theme' => '',
>   'loglevel' => 2,
>   'updater.secret' => 'xyz',
> );

What do I need to do to connect to a new device?

Thanks for your help!

Could you solve the problem? I got a similar problem on Win 10 with NC 18.0.02 and the desctop client.

In my case the connection between client and the NC (on a hosted server) get’s disconnected after serveral minutes. Sometime longer, sometimes shorter time increments. Afterwards I have to redo the authentification via website. The tokens stay in the backend and it’s creating a new token with every login. Are there any known solutions?

Did you try to reopen the link in the browser?

With 2 factor authentication, the goal is that you login with it and then it creates an app password for your desktop client. You can try to go to your settings page, security and create a new app password. Use this password and your username for the Nextcloud client.

Hello,

yes, I have found a solution. After some research I installed an old software version (2.5.3) on my client => connecting was no problem anymore.
Note: Upgrading to a new version works, but changing a password or connecting a new cloud does not work anymore…