Configuring smb for offline use

hello and kudos to the ncp dev team, i have ran in to a particularily hindering problem that i do not understand,
i have setup everything to the dot except my samba share due to not understanding the cfg file to configure it as the webui creates its own default cfg outlook which even fiddling around with only got me to the share on a windows machine but not to write anything on to it, i followed this guide https://ownyourbits.com/2017/04/16/share-your-files-in-your-lan-with-samba/ and even removed the part

force group = www-data
create mask = 0770
directory mask = 0771
force create mode = 0660
force directory mode = 0770

as the guide states that makes it sync with nextcloud and i dont need nor want that, i have mapped the path to an external drive that i dedicate to the nas, i am trying to share permissions between a mint linux laptop and a windows 7 but to no avail, i can read into the drives directory but cannot create files or folders on to it

could someone give me a working smb configuration for offline use with the nextcloudpi i can fill in all the necessary info trough pm or logs aslong as someone points me to the right direction

The default example file to start from is usually found at:

/usr/share/samba/smb.conf

Restricting to local only/offline is enabled in Networking section of /etc/samba/smb.conf by removing the ;

; interfaces = 127.0.0.0/8 eth0
; bind interfaces only = yes

so it looks like

interfaces = 127.0.0.0/8 eth0
bind interfaces only = yes

add or replace your local ip range i.e. 192.168.0.0/24
and reload smb.service

thank you this will become invaluable as i start configuring the smb.conf i will do this addition as soon as i get the base for the configuration correct (when i am able to connect to the share using above mentioned clients)

i got a tadbit confused when i finally got to this part of my configuration so my routers adress is 192.168.0.1 so would the /24 part be my subnet mask aka 255.255.255.0 ? sorry to bother again but networking isnt my strong suit