Configuring linux-Nextclod to Run on Docker Container on Synology NAS

Nextcloud version : 12.08.20

Am trying to configure nextcloud to run from a docker container on my new Synology NAS unity. I thought i had configured the mariadb container and nextcloud containers correctly. And I am able to navigate to the nextcloud URL (via synology IP address) in my browser.

However, upon attempting to create my admin account on synology I am faced with this error:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'nextcloud'@'172.18.0.1' (using password: YES)

I had double checked the container setings I had used and even recreated the shared folder on the synology unit.

At present I was following this tutorial to get this up and running:

Maybe it is missing steps?

Any help appreciated :slight_smile:

for me it sounds your containers are connected vie network but Nextcloud setup has no access to DB for some reason… ‘access denied’ sounds like logical error on software level… please double check your user/pwd maybe there is some typo.

why not getting yourself a NC-VM and spinning that one up. That would work more or less flawlessly.
Or get yourself another tutorial. :wink:

Ended up figuring out the issue with a friend who was looking over my shoulder.

Everything was set up up correctly but I used a “_” instead of an “-” in defining the name of the database, hence access denied (facepalm)

Also in the database password I had a “/” in there and I thought that might be interfering with the final setup of nextcloud. So I changed that as well.

Now I need to set up a reverse proxy so that my DDNS can go into the nextcloud container.

Thanks guys !!