Configurating Nextcloud on different Port

Nextcloud version : 25.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Docker
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Nginx

The issue i am facing:
My instance of nextcloud is running in a Docker container and is working, when given the right Port after the domain.
Now configured my webserver to redirect requests comming in on a specific subdomain (cloud.mydomain.com) to my docker port (which is 81, because 80 is already a different service in my enviroment)
Now that Part is working, but i don’t find the original index.php that is giving me the login screen.
I am looking through the files, but i only get error messages:
grafik

Imgur

Imgur

I also read the Logs but they don’t give me any information with a correct time stamp.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Yes

Can you post your Docker and nginx configs?

Hi, i am fairly new to the whole docker topic. Can you tell me where i can get the configs?

Not really… I don’t know how you set up your system. If you used Docker Compose then the config file is usually called docker-compose.yml.

I just checked again and i found the documentation for the template that i got.
It is the following: https://docs.linuxserver.io/images/docker-nextcloud
In this article the Docker Compose file is written:
"

version: “2.1”
services:
nextcloud:
image: lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest
container_name: nextcloud
environment:
- PUID=1000
- PGID=1000
- TZ=Europe/London
volumes:
- /path/to/appdata:/config
- /path/to/data:/data
ports:
- 443:443
restart: unless-stopped
"
I hope that helps

Oh, you’re using that 3rd party image… Sorry, I don’t know much about it.

You posted above that you use nginx, but the partial site file appear to be from Apache. Without knowing more about how your system is set up, it’s hard to offer any real advice.

You mentioned about port 80 and 81, but that Docker config shows it’s only using 443.

Is this an instance with existing data or a new one that you wouldn’t mind changing some things around?

1 Like