Config.php appears to be gone after server restart

Hi all, first-time poster here. I’ve been using NC for quite a while successfully, but I recently moved my server to another room. When I brought up the nextcloud database and Nextcloud (26.0.1-ls243 from linuxserver.io) images, I was faced with the install screen as if it’d never been run.

When I go to the config.php file, there’s nothing in it. Which makes no sense to me, because it’s in a mapped directory that is not inside the container itself. It shouldn’t have been wiped.

Now I’m not quite sure what to do, because if I go through the install steps that seems like I could wind up starting from scratch. I’d have to set up users, apps, etc. and then run occ to scan my drive. This feels pretty bad and might cause sync clients to stop working too.

Anyone know what happened, what I can do now, and how I can prevent this in the future?

Hi,
Have you done any upgrade? Once I face a similar problem, and i found a copy of my config.php at “/var/www/nextcloud/data/updater-somethinghere/backups/nextcloud-versionnumber-upgradedata” . I copyed the config.php from the last upgrade and have my server working again. But after this, I must run the upgrader again.

Hope you get this helpful.

It turned out to be a drive issue that was rooted more in OpenMediaVault rather than NextCloud. Your answer helped me get there thought, so thanks!