Collabora Updates

Ran today’s raft of 20 odd Collabora updates for my Ubuntu server and really wish I hadn’t. Aside from tanking the Collabora server itself, even after a restore from today’s 5.00 pm Timeshift backup, NC is ‘guggy’ and the Office says it cannot connect to Collabora. Bedtime and very fed up…

OK - after some digging around and not really getting anywhere - I recalled some of the tweaks recommended in the original installation guide I followed. So I revisited the few lines at the end of the guide and repeated them - success! Here they are in case anyone finds them handy:

By default, coolwsd enables TLS connection. However, it didn’t find a TLS certificate file, hence the start failure. It’s better to disable TLS in coolwsd and terminate TLS at a reverse proxy. The coolwsd configuration file is located at /etc/coolwsd/coolwsd.xml. However, it’s an XML file, which is not easy to read and edit. We can use the coolconfig tool to change configurations.

Run the following command to disable TLS in coolwsd.

sudo coolconfig set ssl.enable false

And enable TLS termination at the reverse proxy.

sudo coolconfig set ssl.termination true

By default, coolwsd only allows known hosts to access its service. To allow Nextcloud to access the service, run the following command to add your Nextcloud hostname to the whitelist.

sudo coolconfig set storage.wopi.host nextcloud.example.com

You can also enable the admin account for coolwsd with the following command. You will need to set a username and password for the admin account.

sudo coolconfig set-admin-password

Restart coolwsd for the changes to take effect.

sudo systemctl restart coolwsd

Now it should be running without errors.

And it was :slightly_smiling_face: