Collabora "connecting" delay for 20 seconds

Is working i change .sh and is working
I upgraded a docker image of collabora .

But i have a slow file to open whis a caracter spƩcial ! in france you have example

file open correctly : liberte.xls
file not open slow : libertƩ.xls

are you this problem ?

1 Like

See this : Collabora docker fails to open files with special chars

1 Like

thks i looking !

question : you have testing collabora whis nextcloud V10 ?

I started with 10.0 Beta now i am on 10.0 stable. Itā€™s working well

1 Like

hi nemskiller thks
and if you have time to create tuto i love u :slight_smile:

Here it is : [HOWTO] Collabora 2.0 without using Docker not for prod

hello , thks for a tuto .

Whis nextcloud 10 , you have in admin a menu of collabora , because is working but i dont have a menu ! ?

If I understand you correctly, you mean you canā€™t find a way to open the Collabore office suite from inside Nextcloud?

For this you have to install an app: youā€™ll need to enable experimental apps (not sure about this however) and then go to the Productivy section and enable the ā€œCollabora Onlineā€ app.

Good luck!

What he probably means is the actual admin panel of LibreOffice Online:

hello
where are you this interface ? in nexcloud ?

you have also there for the URL

Go in admin -> then additional settings -> then you have collabora

This is thread is becoming flooded and useless because of our off-top, admin panel is not related to connecting delay and itā€™s not part of Nextcloud, itā€™s part of LibreOffice Online.
I donā€™t use docker and not sure how admin panel works there, but if you use LibreOffice Online without docker then the address is as follows:

https://yourserver.com:9980/loleaflet/dist/admin/admin.html - the location maybe different depending on how you installed LOO

by the way, I noticed that some of the documents donā€™t close and just sit there in the background, so you have to clear them out.

for those who are interested, iā€™ve lodged bug report 101809 with the libreoffice people so that someone can attend to the issue with the docker image.

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101809

Hi @wizdude,

I am the maintainer of collabora/code docker image. Thanks for this hint, I pushed a new image today to hub.docker.com with this fix in it.

Best regards,
Andras Timar

4 Likes

Hi @faktori,

I pushed a new collabora/code docker image to docker hub, which has a fix for the ā€œspecial characterā€ problem. The docker image did not have the locales in it, and lacale set to POSIX. However, in this case LibreOffice can handle only ASCII file names. The solution was to install all locales, and I set en_US.UTF-8 in the environment. Thanks for the bug report.

Best regards,
Andras Timar

2 Likes

Hi @timar,

Is there any chance to have ARM (aarch64) docker images? I guess many of us have those SoC as own/nextcloud server and it would be great to play with CODE.

Best

Hello Timar, thank you for your help on this topic
I have downloaded your last image on docker hub and I am using it.

However I am still having ā€œconnectingā€ delay of almost 30 seconds for my documents.

I tried opening some files on remote and local folders with no differences on the delay.
I tested collabora with various formats, (doc(x), xls(x), ): again no differences
An near empty 9kB odt file still takes 30sec to open.
So Iā€™m pretty confident it is not a lool performance issue

I also tried repatching the docker image (just in case of ā€¦) but I didnā€™t get any improvement.

I there anybody still having a 20sec+ delay with the newest docker image ?

(My server is a dual core vps from OVH, itā€™s ā€œunder-usedā€, so Iā€™m quite confident this is not a local performance issue)

Regards, Aal.

many thanks @timar for this. itā€™s working well :slight_smile:

hi @aalaesar i can confirm that the new docker image has this DNS issue resolved and iā€™m no longer getting the additional 20 second delay when opening documents. i have performed tcpdump testing on the docker0 virtual interface and all requests are being handled correctly.

1 Like

Thanks! For me the problem is solved now :slight_smile:

For reference here is how fast it is for me now:

(It are two separate VPSā€™es, one with Collabora running in Docker + Apache proy and one with the Nextcloud installation)

@aalaesar are you sure you have stopped and started the docker container after pulling? More information here: Collabora online - Nextcloud (at the bottom of the page before the troubleshooting section)

2 Likes

Hello
thank you for your feed back,
So it confirms something is messed-up with my nextcloud instance. (upgraded to nextcloud 10, could be a causeā€¦)

I did create a new container to test this image.

With further testing, I have weird symptoms on my instance (NC10) like :

• no collabora section in the admin conf (while the document apps is not activated)
  • on Chrome/Chromium/Firefox: open a first doc instantaneously only once then always fails with ā€œunexpected connection errorā€ after 45 sec while no error appears in the docker logs for any document, Even after cleaning cache and cookies (if related to browser)
    -on EDGE : open any document with a connection delay of 30 seconds.

Iā€™ll make some more testing on my side, but Iā€™m opened for any suggestion.

Regards,
Aal.