Collabora "connecting" delay for 20 seconds

I just tested this, but it doesnā€™t change the delayā€¦ Is CODE using the /opt/lool/systemplate/etc/resolv.conf file?

no - this is the problem. docker ensures that the /etc/resolv.conf is provided via a special mount (so the contents of this file inside the image are not actually used). the --dns-ip option allows you to override the default action which is to simply use the contents of the host /etc/resolv.conf. normally this option isnā€™t required unless you have a nameserver bound to the loopback adapter of the host or similar weird/special config.

from what I understand the /opt/lool/systemplate/ is like a chroot jail used by the environment of the document editor, so itā€™s the collabora subprocess which sees this as the resolv.conf to use. this comes factory prepared from the person who packaged this image as 192.168.100.1 (and it was 192.168.65.1 in the previous release).

@guddl 's response above seems like a good solution to this issue - assuming that the chroot jail or whatever collabora uses is happy with a symbolic link.

iā€™m guessing that since the /etc/resolv.conf is mounted in by docker that it would probably be recommended to rename the file and create the symbolic link in the /start-libreoffice.sh or /etc/rc.local or something simiilar. iā€™m not sure how solid a symbolic link to a mount would be.

ok. iā€™ve got this working ok now. i removed the /opt/look/systemplate/etc/resolv.conf file and modified the beginning of /start-libreoffice.sh so it reads like:

#!/bin/sh

# Fix lool resolv.conf problem (wizdude)
ln -s /etc/resolv.conf /opt/lool/systemplate/etc/resolv.conf

# Generate new SSL certificate instead of using the default

iā€™ve run some tcpdumpā€™s and Iā€™m not seeing any DNS query related problems anymore. Collabora Online is working great - nice and quick and no more delays.

i think the creator of this docker should be notified of this issue. are they here reading this thread? or do I need to report this back somewhere else?

cheers, wizdude

1 Like

Maybe this script is used inside the Dockerifle/Docker container to build the resulting docker container? https://github.com/LibreOffice/online/blob/master/loolwsd/loolwsd-systemplate-setup#L26

@jospoortvliet can you point this issue and the solution to the team which created the docker container? Maybe it would be good to explain a bit more how the docker container is created, or share the Dockerfile, so more people can have a look at it/improve it? Thanks!

1 Like

thank you for your solution but it does not rule my house.
I have the resolv.conf I delete and I do well the symbolic link.
by cons must restart after you?
For information on symbolic link is removed if I stop the docker, you must then redo the symbolic link.
ps: I have two for a certificate for a nextcloud and collaborated.
You have an idea?

Is working i change .sh and is working
I upgraded a docker image of collabora .

But i have a slow file to open whis a caracter spƩcial ! in france you have example

file open correctly : liberte.xls
file not open slow : libertƩ.xls

are you this problem ?

1 Like

See this : Collabora docker fails to open files with special chars

1 Like

thks i looking !

question : you have testing collabora whis nextcloud V10 ?

I started with 10.0 Beta now i am on 10.0 stable. Itā€™s working well

1 Like

hi nemskiller thks
and if you have time to create tuto i love u :slight_smile:

Here it is : [HOWTO] Collabora 2.0 without using Docker not for prod

hello , thks for a tuto .

Whis nextcloud 10 , you have in admin a menu of collabora , because is working but i dont have a menu ! ?

If I understand you correctly, you mean you canā€™t find a way to open the Collabore office suite from inside Nextcloud?

For this you have to install an app: youā€™ll need to enable experimental apps (not sure about this however) and then go to the Productivy section and enable the ā€œCollabora Onlineā€ app.

Good luck!

What he probably means is the actual admin panel of LibreOffice Online:

hello
where are you this interface ? in nexcloud ?

you have also there for the URL

Go in admin -> then additional settings -> then you have collabora

This is thread is becoming flooded and useless because of our off-top, admin panel is not related to connecting delay and itā€™s not part of Nextcloud, itā€™s part of LibreOffice Online.
I donā€™t use docker and not sure how admin panel works there, but if you use LibreOffice Online without docker then the address is as follows:

https://yourserver.com:9980/loleaflet/dist/admin/admin.html - the location maybe different depending on how you installed LOO

by the way, I noticed that some of the documents donā€™t close and just sit there in the background, so you have to clear them out.

for those who are interested, iā€™ve lodged bug report 101809 with the libreoffice people so that someone can attend to the issue with the docker image.

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101809

Hi @wizdude,

I am the maintainer of collabora/code docker image. Thanks for this hint, I pushed a new image today to hub.docker.com with this fix in it.

Best regards,
Andras Timar

4 Likes

Hi @faktori,

I pushed a new collabora/code docker image to docker hub, which has a fix for the ā€œspecial characterā€ problem. The docker image did not have the locales in it, and lacale set to POSIX. However, in this case LibreOffice can handle only ASCII file names. The solution was to install all locales, and I set en_US.UTF-8 in the environment. Thanks for the bug report.

Best regards,
Andras Timar

2 Likes

Hi @timar,

Is there any chance to have ARM (aarch64) docker images? I guess many of us have those SoC as own/nextcloud server and it would be great to play with CODE.

Best