Collabora Code server error

Hi, I have a problem with Collabora Code server - It will not open any documents for editing or viewing. After some timeout trying to open documents I get error message:

Document loading failed. Failed to load Nextcloud Office - please try again later

When I add the Collabora Code server, Nextcloud finds it but says

Saved with error: Collabora Online should expose the same protocol as the server installation. Please check the ssl.enable and ssl.termination settings of your Collabora Online server.

I have the following setup:

• Nextcloud 25.0.2, docker
    • same server as Collabora Code server
  • Collabora Code server, docker
  • Apache as reverse proxy
    • Separate server
    • The Apache server handles all incomming traffic and handle Truecrypt’s

Nextcloud is working OK.
Collabora server answers on:

I have tested in Nextcloud to add my Collabora Code Server under Nextcloud office and I get the same “Save whit error” when I set:

I cannot find any useful logs. How can I go forward with this little problem?

/Pelle

I now added “overwriteprotocol => https” in Nextcloud config/config/php and the error

Saved with error: Collabora Online should expose the same protocol as the server installation. Please check the ssl.enable and ssl.termination settings of your Collabora Online server.

are gone but nothing else are working any better.

Not sure, but I this error cloud means that the reverse proxy is not using https but http (communication between your nextcloud and your Collabora).

Thanks. After adding both “overwritehost” and " overwriteprotocol" I get rid of that error problem.
Now everything seems to work when I add the Collabora server but it will not start when I try opening a document.

Please review this article describing the integration and troubleshooting of Collabora integration

It’s a wiki - feel free to improve!

Are you using a certificate trusted by your computer for your Collabora server ?

If your certificate is self-signed, then you need to accept the certificate on your computer.
To check that you only need to navigate to the Collabora URL and accept the certificate.
But it’s only temporary. In that case, you may want to use some external service like let’s encrypt to generate and sign your Collabora certificate.

please don’t go this path. Always use valid public TLS certificates for Nextcloud and Collabora. Collabora is intended for collaboration - multiple parties involved, this results in effort to make each party trust the self-signed cert… later when you forget to add the self-signed cert to new client you wonder why it works on one client and not on another…

Self-signed certificates are real pain from usability point of view - without good reason browser and OS vendors make it really hard to work with them - you should use them only in case there is no other option and understand why you need them and how to work with it. even different browsers on same client could use different trusted CA stores so issues could be really hard to troubleshoot.

If you are using a CA certificate, make sure you have also installed the chain (intermediate) certificate.

In some cases the port 443 might be busy, try to use another port for the proxy connection, example 9443:443

sorry I didn’t spot this error before!

This is definitely an issue - you need valid hostname accessible from both NC system and client (see the wiki above for details)

On the Collabora server there are a self signed cert but it is behomind a proxy. The proxy have a valid Let’s encrypt cert and accepts the self signed cert on the Collabora server.
If I go to the proxified address of my Collabora I get “OK” and a trusted cert.
I can probably install a Let’s encrypt cert on the Collabora server also but the client should never get direct contact to that server.

If you publish the system through reverse proxy there is no need to install any cert on Collabora system neither public nor self-signed. You just need to ensure all everything flows through the RP (Nextcloud as well!!)

take a look at this example with traefik:

some settings are not up-to-date but general idea still the same…

Ok. I will try your setup and use Traefik. I’m using Apache today for every other domains and services so I have to find some solution there.