Collabora add Hyperlinks Copy Paste not possible

Hi together,

I created an Excel sheet in Collabora Office today and wanted to add a URL to a text there. I noticed that neither copy paste nor ctrl-c and ctrl-v work.
It only works if I type in the complete url manually. It’s frustrating when I have to type the ever-long URLs for every field.
Can someone tell me if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s Collabora?
I use Nextcloud 16.0.0 and Collabora Office 6.0-27
Many thanks in advance and best regards
Eddie

2 Likes

I unfortunately have the same problem with NC 25.02 and Nextcloud Office 7.0.2 with Collabora Online - Built-in CODE Server 22.5.802.

Copy/paste doesn’t work. I tried the different document extensions but with no luck. My browser (firefox) is not the thing that stands in the way, that works fine.

Thanks,
Jan

did you by chance happen to find a solution to this problem? i’ve disabled, enabled, and re-installed what seems like 10 times and i can’t get any movement. i can get only office to work, but obviously it’s not as neat. i might consider installing CODE on its own and linking or dumping out of the entire project altogether.

thank you!

Well, after a NC upgrade office stopped working altogether. I removed the office-app, reinstalled it and that’s got it working again, but still without the possibility to copy/paste from outside NC-office into it.

I had tested firefox and it’s copy/paste capability with other apps (libreoffice/mousepad etc) and that worked fine. So I thought that was not the problem.

A few days ago I, just to to be able to write that off as a possible cause that I couldn’t copy paste from e.g. a website into NC-office, I changed the setting in firefox (about:config in searchbar)-dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled from true to false which was very counterintuitive to me because I thought that putting it to false would prevent the copy/pasting. But I was wrong. It enabled the copy/paste function and worked in NC office from that moment on.

I have disabled it again though because I still have to look into the security aspects of it.