Code Integrity - usage/.htaccess

Good Evening!
I installed nextcloud and so far everything is working fine.
One point I want to ask:
I get the following Code Integrity Warning about the Extra Files:

• usage/.htaccess
  • usage/.htpasswd

Is it possible to simply delete these two files?
Thanks in advance
peterg

Technical information

The following list covers which files have failed the integrity check. Please read
the previous linked documentation to learn more about the errors and how to fix
them.

Results

• core
    • EXTRA_FILE
      • usage/.htaccess
      • usage/.htpasswd

Raw output

Array
(
[core] => Array
(
[EXTRA_FILE] => Array
(
[usage/.htaccess] => Array
(
[expected] =>
[current] => 1159108a5b77640d1db1aae6eeeaeaea2f1c2c3ce71dcb06b397f290a974a21b848f2eb8a1ca156c8ded882c352c890835bfcfd0987b0560c909952798d42000
)

[usage/.htpasswd] => Array
                    (
                        [expected] => 
                        [current] => 1f6981025a4e1a4d217662668c842e952b25125117c6c2fa1b70839597559176984899034144c78ad46b26d343070c365be22a9bfc7ec2c5e80818e0dd487079

Yes delete the .htpassword. That doesn’t belong in the NC root directory. Download the NC install zip to your computer (unhide files) and you’ll see that .htpassword isn’t with the downloadable version.

The .htaccess is required but you need the right one for your current install. I would copy it & replace it individually just to make sure.

Make sure the permissions are set correctly too. Mine is set at 660 rw–rw---- for the pretty url config ‘group user’ to be able to write to it.

When all set run the .sh script as for all good permissions.

Thank you!
You are right, in the original downloadfolder “nextcloud” there is no subfolder “usage” which has the: “usage/.htaccess” and “usage/.htpasswd” files. Obviously this was created during installation. I deleted the “usage” folder" and both files. (The main file “.htaccess” of course stays). NC works fine afterwards however, I still get the Code Integrity Warning as shown above about those two Extra files.

Do you mind clarifying what setup you have? Is this a shared hosted solution or a completely new install of ubuntu + Apache? Something is installing it there to protect you. I had something similar with my GoD shared hosting years ago.

I’m trying to recall where I’ve seen that and some searching makes me think that you’ve been allocated that space and you may want to make another directory for the NC installation. …but this is all assumption at the moment. If it keeps reappearing then I would keep it there and make another directory. /usage/nextcloud/ I’m thinking it won’t add a .htpasswd there outside of the /usage/ directory.

I have no detailed knowledge about linux or apache things. So I didn’t touch .htaccess
I have an account for my internet-site with still a lot of free space. My german provider is “All-Inkl.com”.
I am happy with there service.
So I just uploaded NC via FTP, created a database and installed NC according to a similar recommendation found on the web for OC.

I just reconfirmed that this folder “usage/…” which I deleted yesterday still didn’ reappear yet.
And actually everything goes fine.

1 Like