CODE 2.0 Introduces Collaborative Editing of Office Documents in Nextcloud

Originally published at: CODE 2.0 Introduces Collaborative Editing of Office Documents in Nextcloud - Nextcloud

Collaborative Editing in action!

Collaborative Editing in action!

Collabora Productivity just released CODE 2.0, bringing collaborative editing to home users and developers who want to edit documents online. Enterprise users are recommended to wait for Collabora Online 2.0 which will be released soon, they can get access to this through an Enterprise Subscription.

LibreOffice Online allows users to edit text documents, spreadsheets and presentations directly from their browser, with great support for a wide variety of popular file formats like docx, odt, xlsx, ppt and more. Earlier this year Nextcloud and Collabora developed and released an easy to use Docker image which Nextcloud users can use to get online collaborative document editing integrated in their Nextcloud servers. Find our tutorial here. Enterprises looking for a scalable, commercial supported version with a longer life cycle and SLA can purchase this as part of their Nextcloud subscription as a Collabora Productivity supported addon.

This release introduces the much requested fully collaborative editing feature besides some other updates and bugfixes, making for a great upgrade to existing users. Find out how to update to the new version on our website.

Nextcloud has been working on improving the integration of Collabora Online with Nextcloud and our future releases of the integration app and our Nextcloud Server will bring significantly improved performance, scalability, security and capabilities to Collabora Online.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Hi
thanks for the great work, but after intalling the new docker image i get the folling error in the docker container logs, trying to open a document.

wsd-00022-03 00:01:08.961511 [ client_req_hdl ] FileServerRequestHandler: File not found: /usr/share/loolwsd//loleaflet/1.8.2/loleaflet.html

The editor won’t open the windows stay’s grey. In the web console I get.
https://domain.com/loleaflet/1.8.2/loleaflet.html?WOPISrc=https%3A…1418988&title=Neues%20Dokument.odt&lang=de&closebutton=1&revisionhistory=1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Is it a known Bug of the Image or is it a problem with my installation?

I noticed same behaviour.

Edit
Updating collabora online connector to the latest fixed the issue.

it seems that it works with the new ubuntu Kernel. But i got this error:

Collabora Online unbekannter Fehler: cURL error 35: error:0407006A:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_1:block type is not 01

how can i fix this?

Hey muppeth,
which is the version wich fixed the issue for you?

I updated to version 1.1.12 of the collabora online app from apps.owncloud.com

Thanks, the problem solved for me with the new App and updating the apach config to.
#Main websocket ProxyPassMatch "/lool/(.*)/ws$" wss://127.0.0.1:9980/lool/$1/ws

3 Likes

I had the same problems after the docker image update.

Adding the ProxyPassMatch line did the trick.

thanks

I had the same problems after the docker image update.
@tacruc Thanks for apach config update! :relieved: Working fine with this update.