Cloud managed Database/Spreadsheet hybrid similar to Airtable

Don’t know if the NC community knows much about Airtable but I’ve been looking into it recently and there doesn’t seem to be a ton of good open source self hosted solutions to compete against it.

I wonder if something with it’s basic functionality could be replicated using NC or the NC Collabora integration?

Anyway, just a thought. I know that after a week screwing around with some mySQL stuff for a website overhaul, that I’d love to try alternatives to current legacy database technologies that are such a pain in the ass to use.

1 Like

I rethought about this idea today.

As I’ve gotten more and more experience working with civic orgs (the kind of orgs I think most likely to be interested in NextCloud), the more useful I think a feature like this would be.

1 Like

That would be so good. I’m looking for something like that

I’ve actually found one (though it’s not feature complete and it doesn’t work as part of NC)

Here’s a link we’re we’ve compiled some open source alts: Airtable / Basedash · Issue #214 · junaid33/opensource.builders · GitHub

Just found out baserow myself and trying to get it up on docker compose to do some testing.
Seems to tick most of my boxes. Just want to test if i can create additional users with specific permissions on selfhosted version!

Ahh no roles in selfhosted. Based on the website, you’ll have to pay per month even for selfhosted version.

Hello,

I’ve checked also for alternative.
Best to date for my purpose is seatable.io
docker installed, active development. free.
I would be really happy to see that integrated with nextcloud ! It’s far more interesting than just a office speadsheet.
I don’t know how i could be working together…

is a free & open-source alternative to Airtable

1 Like

Hi,

I think this is a very interesting subject, the enthusiasm for nocode apps seems to be growing lately… I see a lot of small organizations around me using Airtable, summer camp organizers, local designer platforms, etc.

I personally work at a makerspace where we encourage users to document and share their work through open source apps on our server (Dokuwiki, Gitlab… running on Yunohost), and we use both Nextcloud and Nocodb.
However, I would love to see better integration of a nocode table/database app in Nextcloud, with the ability to link files, etc. It would also be more convenient for navigation to have it all in one place.

I am not really a developer so I can’t make it happen myself, but I think there really is something there worth investing time. I would love to give feedback on our use case, or any other kind of help if needed.

Cheers, and thanks to everyone contributing to NC !

1 Like

+1 This would be a very useful feature. We’re also discussing it over here (spanish): Alternativa a Airtable (Baserow) - Herramientas - Anartist Forum