Client on Windows no connection after sleep

Server: Centos 7.9 x64, NC: 20.0.5
Client: Windows 10 x64, client: 3.1.1

It’s been for some time now, since moved to version 3.x basically, that when I come out of long sleep, NC desktop will show the Red “X” with an error there’s no network connection.

Couple of ways to fix it:

1. Shut the client and restart it
  2. Change the proxy setting to “system proxy” followed by “no proxy” will re-initiate the connection.

Both ways suggest it’s not a network issue, but some bug with the client.
Also, it happens with few clients on different machines sitting on different networks.

There’s a git issue that seems to point to the same issue: Nextcloud + Always-on VPN = trouble (network access is disabled) · Issue #2628 · nextcloud/desktop · GitHub, but I haven’t seen much going on there (apart from the last message that point to 3 bugs that might be fixed in 3.1.2 that is still not available.

Would love to know that I’m not the only one with the same issue, cause it’s quite annoying…

3 Likes

If got the same issue on multiple computers, even ithout vpn clients installed.

Hello,
Same problem here since 3.1.1, when a Windows 10 system (no need for VPN / Proxy) gets out of sleep, the nextcloud client is not connecting and the red X comes up.
Only solution is to shutdown client and launch it again.
Thanks,

You’re definitely not the only one that this is happening to and that feels this way. I think it’s important to say that these days.

As a new user migrating to nextcloud from Dropbox and Google Drive I expected problems but I’m glad to see a current response that isn’t 5 years old and snarky.

I’ve been using Nextcloud for few years now, since Dropbox moved to a paid model (make sense for them).

I can tell you that Nextcloud is briilient!
This issue with the client is quite new. I’m not sure why it takes them that long to fix it, since quite a few people hit by it.

As soon as this fix they - you’ll love it. It is an awesome product.