Client install fails on Ubuntu 18.04

Hello! I am running a self hosted Nextcloud server and am able to connect to it from any device on my local network. I just installed Ubuntu 18.04 on my laptop and installed the Nextcloud Client on it. The connection wizard goes blank when I click next after putting in the server address. There are no error messages. The wizard just goes blank except for the blue stripe across the top. I wondered if you had seen this issue before. The Nextcloud server log doesn’t seem to show anything related to this.

I had installed the client via the apt ppa. I wound up uninstalling it and reinstalling it with the snap package. It now works perfectly.

Client install (2.5) using the nextcloud ppa seems to work well. However, on one of my laptops the client cannot be started:
error while loading shared libraries: libqt5keychain.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libqt5keychain.so.0.7 is sitting in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

The current AppImage (2.5) on this laptop works, but it permanently takes lot of CPU resources (25% on a quad core). I used to run AppImage 2.3.3 on this laptop, running on as little as 2% permanently, so I switch back to the old version.

Any suggestions pls?

Having the same issue on upgrade from Kubuntu 16.04 to 18.04. Had a working 2.3 client under 16.04, updated to 2.5 client, which then didn’t work. Just upgraded to Kubuntu 18.04 to solve issue, but it didn’t work. Now I get “nextcloud: error while loading shared libraries: libqt5keychain.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”. I have a working 2.5 client on my other PC which is also running Kubuntu 18.04 (it upgraded without a hitch a while ago). Both PCs have in their /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu folders libqt5keychain.so.0.7.0 and libqt5keychain.so.1, the latter of which is a link to the former.

Anybody have any ideas?

The only issues I’m having now with this client on Ubuntu are:

1. It won’t auto start on login. I have to manually start it each time, which isn’t a huge deal.
  2. Clicking the icon and selecting ‘Open folder Nextcloud’ doesn’t do anything.

Neither of these issues is a big deal, but thought I’d mention them here.

Same issue here, I have it for months (I’m using AppImage while waiting for a fix
), and for several Kubuntu versions (at least 3 of them).

Neither the default package or the PPA packages are working.

I have libqt5keychain.so, libqt5keychain.so.0.9.1and libqt5keychain.so.1 on my system (at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/).
Adding a symlink from libqt5keychain.so.0 to any of them doesn’t solve the issue.
Now I have this error : nextcloud: symbol lookup error: nextcloud: undefined symbol: [someLongChain] (I don’t know if I can publish the content of [someLongChain], but I least it contains DeletePasswordJob).

:up: :slight_smile:
The issue is still there, after several versions.

Using the AppRun is a bit painful, it has some kind of memory leak (after a few days it uses up to 1GB). Does anyone know how to solve this ?