Client für MacOS X 10.5.8 auf 32 bit PowerPC

Is there a client with which I can use one or more Nextclouds in the Finder of MacOS X 10.5.8 on a G4 PowerPC with 32-bit bus architecture?

Personally I do not know.
You can use any webdav client.
Cyberduck maybe?

I do not find a client that runs in MacOS X 10.5.8 on 32 bit G4 PowerPC. At least, Cyberduck 4.2.1 doesn’t do the job, due to: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate DH keypair.

That’s the trouble with older Mac Systems :disappointed:

Apparently, there are people at CERN who love legacy Mac equipment and think them worth an open source effort:

davix

The davix project aims to make file management over HTTP-based protocols simple. The focus is on high-performance remote I/O and data management of large collections of files. Currently, there is support for the WebDav , Amazon S3 , Microsoft Azure, and HTTP protocols.

davix is multi-platform, open source and written in C++.

How to install on your most beloved old iron? You may take a look at below refs and should consider if it is worth the effort for you:

1. davix High-performance file management over WebDAV / HTTP on GitHub
  2. https://ports.macports.org/port/davix/summary - the MacPorts port
  3. The MacPorts Project Official Homepage - an open-source community initiative

Installing MacPorts - MacPorts version 2.6.2 is available in various formats for download and installation (note, if you are upgrading to a new major release of macOS, see the migration info page):

• “pkg” installers for Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra and Sierra, for use with the macOS Installer. This is the simplest installation procedure that most users should follow after meeting the requirements listed below. Installers for legacy platforms El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger are also available.

[…]

Naturally, as poor sole soul or lonely home user you could choose Homebrew or Fink over MacPorts. IMHO the latter should be preferred for a multi-user system and/or managed client network as MacPorts aims more at staying safe from outdated Apple system tools & libs as the rest of the pack.

Quick Install alternative options are:

• Homebrew for OSX: brew install davix
  • Fink for OSX: n.a.
  • MacPorts for OSX: sudo port install davix

The right to repair and the liberty to sustainably reappear. Maybe you could give it a chance and could provide some report to this forum in the outcome of your trials?

1 Like