Client 2.5.1 can‘t login(debian10 arm64)

Hi~
Everything is normal with the 2.5.1 client and Nextcloud server version 20.8. However, after installing a new Nextcloud server version 28 yesterday, the 2.5.1 client cannot log in. Even after configuring the server address, the login button remains grayed out, and I am unable to log in to the server.(The new server is working fine. Both the Windows client and web services are functioning normally.)
My client operating system is Debian 10 arm64 , and I cannot find a client version newer than 2.5.1 .( The specific installation package is nextcloud-desktop_2.5.1-3+deb10u2_arm64.deb)
Is there a solution? Thinks a lot!

hey @pskk and welcome to the communityforum of nextcloud.

I’m just guessing here… Your client could be too old to deal with new NC-server-versions.
At least regarding the release number. If that one went hand in hand with the releasecycle of e.g. windows we are at 3.12.3 right now.

so IF that would be the problem the only help for you would be to go to the GH issue tracker of that app and request a new version.

Thank you! I’ll give it a try.

This is out of support, there is some limited extended LTS support until June this year. Perhaps a good time to think about updating.

The client must be newer than 2.3.0:

Not sure if there are some other checks. Did you use an app password for login?

Thank you for your response. This is a special-purpose terminal, and there is no way to upgrade the operating system. If there is no new version of the client available for update, I now only have the option to manually synchronize files using WebDAV.

The app password is also unusable. In the 2.5.1 client, the login button is grayed out, and clicking on the app password link results in no response. Awkward!

I also attempted to download the source code for version 3.12.3 of the client from Releases · nextcloud-releases/desktop · GitHub and tried to compile it. However, the various dependency libraries and configuration parameters overwhelmed me; it was too difficult. Moreover, I am uncertain whether the compiled deb package would run on Debian 10.

In this case, your solution to use native webDAV is probably the best solution.

Trying to compile the client yourself is probably complicated, perhaps you could run stuff in a container or something like that, but that makes it really complicated. And there are probably backup solutions that can directly hook on webdav (or you mount webdav).